Forehand rubber recommendations

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
Read 3 reviews
Hi, I am currently playing with the M1 on my forehand on a Donic Waldner Senso Ultra Carbon blade. I normally loop on my forehand. I just wanted to know, does the Tenergy 64 loop better than the M1?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
No, it doesn't. If you want something that loops better you should be looking at Tenergy 05. Even Donic has stuff that loops better than the M1, the Bluefire JP 01 or JP 01 Turbo. These are actually Tenergy 05 copies.
Of course there are many other rubbers that would work well like Fastarc G-1, Tibhar Evolution MX-S, VIctas V15 etc etc.

says ESN 42 hardness is my magic number
Mar 2021
BD300B71-89C0-4382-8005-154DAB1E2A4D.jpeg
4B7074D0-C853-47D3-B0A3-30623D1BE5A6.jpeg
177A8457-DA06-4F24-9DEB-5060D0E8C985.jpeg

Mar 2021
M1 is good for looping. If you like loopy forehand, M1 is good enough. But I use M1 on BH myself as I like loopy BH or easier to open up followed by flat-smashes on FH.

For some strange reason, when I used M1 on my FH previously, my coach commented, why is your FH so slow? I was baffled at first because M1 is touted as a fast rubber by Donic's own marketing pitch.

Then it dawned on me, it was loopy and spinny and archy but not drivey. That was what my coach meant when he said M1 was slow. He was expecting a more direct hit from me but M1 travels in a arc trajectory ( more distance to travel versus a direct straight flight path ).

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
Harder Chinese style tacky rubbers can loop much better if you can generate the racket speed. Not that expensive to throw on something like Loki Arthur China, which is like a boosted H3 you can get from aliexpress for $25.

This user has no status.
Hurricane 8-80 (38 deg) is one of the FH rubbers everyone has been sleeping on - it's super cheap (I think I got mine for 40 AUD?), has good catapult with good tack, extremely spinny when looping, bouncy enough to handle mid distance looping, super good at serve/receive thanks to the tack, not sure why more people are not playing with it.

Mar 2021
just tried mxp for the past two days and i love this rubber i need it on both sides
2BB6ACB1-FCE5-42A6-BE9B-3DD12F1539E6.jpeg

On my side if I use MXP on BH side, the ball more often than not won't clear the net for some strange reason. I suspect due to MXP's inherent low throw angle property.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
Read 3 reviews
No, it doesn't. If you want something that loops better you should be looking at Tenergy 05. Even Donic has stuff that loops better than the M1, the Bluefire JP 01 or JP 01 Turbo. These are actually Tenergy 05 copies.
Of course there are many other rubbers that would work well like Fastarc G-1, Tibhar Evolution MX-S, VIctas V15 etc etc.
I am actually thinking about trying the Tenergy 05 but most of my shots go either in the net our out of the table using the M1. So I need a more controlled rubber, unless the 05 is controlled. I think I'm going to try the JP01 or JP01 Turbo. Is the 05 controlled enough? Or do I go with the JP01/Turbo and if the 05 is bad, do I go with the JP01 or JP01 Turbo.

Mar 2021
I am actually thinking about trying the Tenergy 05 but most of my shots go either in the net our out of the table using the M1. So I need a more controlled rubber, unless the 05 is controlled. I think I'm going to try the JP01 or JP01 Turbo. Is the 05 controlled enough? Or do I go with the JP01/Turbo and if the 05 is bad, do I go with the JP01 or JP01 Turbo.
T05 and control are diametrically opposed. Don't go there if you want control.

Srly you have no idea what you are talking nor what you want. If you want control, strike off those rubber with Turbo word in it or those Donic rubber with designated 1 in them, e.g., M1, J1, Z1, S1, P1, etc.

Just get a Rozena and be happy. Rozena tag line is "The rubber with tolerance". Tolerance here is just those Butterfly marketing jargon for control.

View attachment 24526
On my side if I use MXP on BH side, the ball more often than not won't clear the net for some strange reason. I suspect due to MXP's inherent low throw angle property.
i would have mxp on both sides but i dont want to spend $50 on both sides and every seller i find only has red😞 but i bought my sheet for $30 and i love its performance!

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
i would have mxp on both sides but i dont want to spend $50 on both sides and every seller i find only has red😞 but i bought my sheet for $30 and i love its performance!
Buy from TT11, MXP has always been a part of the 4 for 3 deal they have going on

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
That is a very wide margin to work with. On one hand it sounds like M1 is slow and fast at the same time. I really don't know what advice to give but I don't think Tenergy 05 or any Tenergy will magically solve your problem.

My recommendation is to just get Fastarc G-1, it's not too fast, can loop very well, has great grip and lasts very long. It has similar price to Donic rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
is there any guide to the Hurricane rubbers out there? i've read so many posts on h3 vs h3 new vs h3 blue sponge vs Provincial vs ?national vs 3-50, not to mention all the 8-80 and skyline variants. I was thinking of just getting the h3 neo or commercial for budgetary reasons. additionally, I have not seen h3 37 in a while, mostly recs to get 39 if you don't boost and 40 if you do. i'm not sure if this is consistent between commercial/new/provincial/prov neo/?national, etc. I'm hoping that h3 neo is the bang for the buck here as I'm about to put a huge order into gh sports for some pg7 and textra blades, some booster and rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
is there any guide to the Hurricane rubbers out there? i've read so many posts on h3 vs h3 new vs h3 blue sponge vs Provincial vs ?national vs 3-50, not to mention all the 8-80 and skyline variants. I was thinking of just getting the h3 neo or commercial for budgetary reasons. additionally, I have not seen h3 37 in a while, mostly recs to get 39 if you don't boost and 40 if you do. i'm not sure if this is consistent between commercial/new/provincial/prov neo/?national, etc. I'm hoping that h3 neo is the bang for the buck here as I'm about to put a huge order into gh sports for some pg7 and textra blades, some booster and rubber.
I agree with the other poster that if you are not sure and are in doubt, get G-1. You cannot go wrong with G-1. But I would always recommend getting C-1 first to get used to it and then go straight to G-1. By contrast P-1 and S-1 are just not as popular and I never played them. G-1 is faster/harder than P-1 which is faster/harder than C-1, which is faster/harder than S-1. Get C-1 and then skip to G-1 later.

As for hurricane, I have had H3 neo and H3 skyline neo. They play very similarly. Not a big difference. I would not bother with provincial or national. Not worth the money. I have always boosted H3 neo 39 degree hardness from TT11 with Falco Tempo Long Booster, 2-3 layers. Never been disappointed. Please note you have to, despite boosting, break in the H3 neo a bit. It takes about 3-5 practice session to break it in. The rubber becomes much more lively.

Anything that TT11 does not carry, I have supplemented that with Megaspin which is basically Joola North America since the latter is what appears on my credit card. For example, you cannot find Sanwei brand on TT11 (I have a feeling that Megaspin is Sanwei's exclusive distributor in North America). You cannot find certain accessories like ball picker on TT11 either and I like the accessories from Megaspin. Paddle Palace is not competitive at all anymore.

I have not heard of GH Sports. I assume it is a shop on Aliexpress?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Yes, the three shops i just ordered stuff from Aliexpress were BEO Store, GH Sports and Playa PingPong Store. I picked up Fextras in CS and FL, a blue Fextra for EJing purposes, a U2 in CS and an "upgraded" U2 that looked interesting. (YINHE Galaxy U2 PRO Provincial (U-2 PRO, 7 Ply Wood, 30th Anniversary Version) Table Tennis Blade Ping Pong Bat Paddle) BEO Store and GH Sports were recommended as good sellers in another thread.

I wanted to get the 7ply wood paddles for sure, and had read that U2 CS handles are smaller, so that might give me a good idea of how to sand down the others to try an attempt RPB grip w/my left (off) hand

I have not heard much mention of C-1; how would you describe the difference w/G-1 and why to start w/that first over G-1?

Two things about the H3. First, do i just skip the cheaper commercial H3 and just go with commercial H3 Neo? Second, I have read multiple recommendations to boost 40deg, not 39deg Neo, yet you boost 39, so i was just curious why you did that?

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Yes, the three shops i just ordered stuff from Aliexpress were BEO Store, GH Sports and Playa PingPong Store. I picked up Fextras in CS and FL, a blue Fextra for EJing purposes, a U2 in CS and an "upgraded" U2 that looked interesting. (YINHE Galaxy U2 PRO Provincial (U-2 PRO, 7 Ply Wood, 30th Anniversary Version) Table Tennis Blade Ping Pong Bat Paddle) BEO Store and GH Sports were recommended as good sellers in another thread.

I wanted to get the 7ply wood paddles for sure, and had read that U2 CS handles are smaller, so that might give me a good idea of how to sand down the others to try an attempt RPB grip w/my left (off) hand

I have not heard much mention of C-1; how would you describe the difference w/G-1 and why to start w/that first over G-1?

Two things about the H3. First, do i just skip the cheaper commercial H3 and just go with commercial H3 Neo? Second, I have read multiple recommendations to boost 40deg, not 39deg Neo, yet you boost 39, so i was just curious why you did that?
So the EJ inside of me reared its ugly head. I heard so much Big Dipper, so I order it last night from BEO on Aliexpress plus a bunch of other stuff. For 999, it is for old time's sake. For Yinhe Mercury, it is just dirt cheap. For Loki, I am just curious if they are hybrid. Plus Wang Hao backs thata company. obivously ordered 1, 3 and 5 to see if it is indeed better rubber as you go up the number. Finally Sanwei provincial orange sponge, just to see if it is as good as the Sanwei blue sponge from Megaspin. They will apparently arrive in 3 weeks. I have never ordered from BEO or Aliexpress in general so I hope they do come through. I don't understand why they are charging me taxes but whatever. These rubbers are dirt cheap.

YINHE Mercury II Black and Red

YINHE BIG DIPPER Black H40

LOKI RXTON 1 Black

LOKI RXTON 5 Black

999/999T 2.2mm H44-45 Red

2022 New SANWEI Provincial TARGET PRO 3 Table Tennis Rubber (orange, not blue) Black

LOKI RXTON 3 MAX BLUE

LOKI RXTON 3 MAX PINK

Subtotal
US $102.30
Total after tax
US $117.99

As for C-1, it is just a slightly slower, soft and easier to control than G-1. In general, if you like C-1, you will like G-1. I just came back to the sport two years ago after being away for 5 years. So I started with C-1 before graduating to G-1. Now if you are used to Tenergy, then yeah You can switch straight to G-1. No need to go through C-1. C-1 is also very very popular (like top 10-15 rubber popuar on TT11). I have no question some people like C-1 better because they feel that they can loop better with the softer sponge of C-1 (compared to G-1).

I always boosted 39 degree H3 neo because 39 degree is what TT11 has in stock. I don't believe TT11 has 40 degree in stock. Funny thing is once I get 30% discount on big order TT11's H3 neo 39 degree commerical literally drops to $19.36 per sheet. That's crazy. I have not found H3 neo commercial 39 degree or 40 degree selling that cheap on Aliexpress!!! I checked out various stores already. So I have no urge to order H3 neo from any other store than TT11. Plus with TT11, I get my shipment delivered to my front door in 5 days here in North America. Aliexpress, it is saying 3-4 weeks. Ouch!

Reactions: hrbngr and latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2024
With only one click, Driver Booster Pro Crack can automatically download, install, and update your drivers! Time-saving and Optimized to Download and Backup PC Drivers to The Latest Compatible Version using Driver Booster Pro. The Strongest Driver Updater for Maintaining Driver Updating Download the most recent version of the Game Ready Driver to enhance gameplay, resolve issues, and increase speed. You can also get the essential game elements to make your game function properly.