Hexer Powergrip

says Hi, I am a life-long table tennis enthusiast and...
says Hi, I am a life-long table tennis enthusiast and...
Mar 2014
5 out of 5 rating for Hexer Powergrip

The Andro Hexer Powergrip is an exceptionally fun rubber to play with, especially when looping, loop-driving, or counter-looping from mid-distance. This is a rubber for intermediate to professional level aggressive players who want to win spectacular points by coupling high speed with superior control of ball placement. Respectable, but not exceptional, spin levels are generated on serves, serve returns, and opening loops. The Hexer Powergrip’s harder sponge clearly lends itself towards being used as a FH rubber, but highly skilled players with fast arm speeds enjoying medium-low throwing rubbers, will be able to use the rubber in the BH as well. Having recently tested the new Butterfly Tenergy 05 Hard rubber for personal use, I see several similarities between the two rubbers. The T05H is somewhat firmer but the overall feeling is quite similar. If I was to switch to a non-Chinese FH rubber, the Hexer Powergrip would be at the top of the list. For the full review, see: https://blog.tabletennis11.com/hexergripandpowergrip

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2022
Read 1 reviews
5 out of 5 rating for Hexer Powergrip

The HP is a really great Rubber, because of its super grippy topsheet. Its good for serve return due to the lively topsheet and it has a great control and accuracy because of the open-pored sponge.The HP has an impressive durability, which is why I would highly recommend this rubber for intermediate and advanced players who dont want to spend much money in a short time. The sponge thickness is generally good and the sponge quality is really well done by andro because its in contrast to the R series much more controlable and accurate, but here comes the problem, slower. This is the only problem but if you have a good impulse and arm movement you will get used to it.All in all the rubber is really well done and I highly recommend it because of its price- performance ratio.