New racket after a break - T05 or Dignics?

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
Best rubber after a break? Glayzer or glayzer09c if we talking bout the BTY ones 😌
+1, Glayzer series are very forgiving. Initially testing them had me feeling like regular Glayzer was rather slow and uninspiring, but I suspect it was either the blades I tried it on or the fact that I had the 1.9 version, now I have had a 2.1 version on one of my main combos and it is a very balanced and easy rubber to play with. Both rubbers are kind of soft for going full beans, but given they are more intermediary performance designs, thats just fine. They both have solid grip and are not terribly slow but the biggest benefit to using them is the predictability and stability they offer especially in the block/counter, short game and on opening. Easy to land the ball on the table with either of them

Reactions: SleepyMaster
says ESN 42 hardness is my magic number
says ESN 42 hardness is my magic number
Mar 2021
+1, Glayzer series are very forgiving. Initially testing them had me feeling like regular Glayzer was rather slow and uninspiring, but I suspect it was either the blades I tried it on or the fact that I had the 1.9 version, now I have had a 2.1 version on one of my main combos and it is a very balanced and easy rubber to play with. Both rubbers are kind of soft for going full beans, but given they are more intermediary performance designs, thats just fine. They both have solid grip and are not terribly slow but the biggest benefit to using them is the predictability and stability they offer especially in the block/counter, short game and on opening. Easy to land the ball on the table with either of them
This post inspire me to share some anecdotal personal opinion.
1. Last practice session I used a Rozena on my FH and was hitting winner FH / BH during stroking. My club-mates were like ooohhh... ahhhh... Gozo, you are getting better. We all should now be worried.
2. I had a smuck face with a wry grin. I'm so gonna toast you guys, so I thought.
3. Now, Rozena is 35 degree hardness on Butterfly scale which correspond to 45 degree of sponge hardness when converted to ESN scale. ( Butterfly + 10 = ESN , roughly thereabout as some sources shown )
4. However, when it comes to game play, all my beautiful stroked gone kaput! Control is bad. Serve receive is bad. Open up is only like 50:50. It is just so different from stroking.
4(a). I lost badly no doubt with huge points deficit, under five.
=================================================================
5. Never mind. Next I try out on another set-up with Xion Vega Europe ( 42.5 degree hardness ESN scale ) on my FH.
6. During stroking, my partner commented, it is softer and not as powerful as Rozena.
7. Nonetheless it is very easy to generate rotation, hence my strokes were spinny or loopy but with less forward momentum.
8. During game play with the Vega Europe, my topspin FH were on the table a lot more and my open ups goes over the net with greater frequency. I was playing much much better and although I lost, the points deficit definitely gone down by a lot. I was doing like 11-8, 11-9 or deuces as a matter of fact.
9. My opponent is of higher skill level than me, so losing to him should be expected.
10. My point is, it is ok to be slow if it gives you higher percentages to land on the table. High archy loopy slow spinny FH topspin is still good at the amateur scene. We are not going to face Kristian Karlsson type pro players anyway. So steadiness wins over speed demon anytime.

So, through this discovery, I have found out that my magic number is 42. The answer to life's greatest mystery.

Coincident?

So what now?

Browse Lazada and type in search key word 05 FX whoppee-do!
( 05fx hardness = 32 + 10 = 42 in ESN scale ;) )

Last edited:
Reactions: Scarfed Garchomp
says Glory to Ukraine 🇺🇦
says Glory to Ukraine 🇺🇦
Feb 2022
Read 1 reviews
Yes, agreed with you everything. This are very forgiving rubbers, you can miss timed an backhand opening by some margin and it would still hit the table in 90% of the time. Same in counters in blocks. Then with Dingnics or Tenergy you should be very precise on such shots. When I came from brake first thing that I lose is timing of my shots, I rather in hurry or slightly late - and Dig or Ten are not forgiving such things.
The only thing is lack of uber speed, but to people who came back it can be an advantage too. If you using your body and legs - you will get respectable amount of speed out of glayzer/09c.

Then after few months of training, when timings are on point, there is always an option to get some more advanced rubbers when there is need to

Reactions: Scarfed Garchomp
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2024
Thank you for all replies.

It is still hard decision for me, but I really would like to try dignics to see how it plays and I will probably go for dignics 05 fh and T19 bh. I believe that in 1 month I will get as good as I was so do not want to go for slower rubbers.

For the blade, Innerforce ALC with FL grip is unavailable in my local shop, but they have Harimoto Tomokazu Innerforce ALC. I read it is bassically the same blade but a little bit bigger so it does not really matter which one I choose. Is this right?