Timo boll 30th anniversary contract edition (G-FLESS handle) limited edition gold tag

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Thanks for sharing! I was also looking for that video.

I totally agree that sponsored players don’t get the same rubbers or blades availables on the market, but since BTY updates its data matrix about pro equipment frequently it’s a bad move to hadn’t clarify that at the required time. It’s like lying, that wouldn’t be important. But timo in most of his videos says that his equipment is nothing special and is available to all, he said that he only chooses a heavier rubber, etc.
Yeah, it's a bit dishonest in my opinion too especially since he pointed it out in some of his videos how Chinese rubbers are boosted etc. Maybe he forgot to mention he has a custom handle??? I guess after having that for years one can glide over that it's special.

This handle thing is not even a big deal, this is not worse than using a grip on the handle. I can understand he cannot use a grip tape since he needs to sell his blades and for sure TB ALC has to be the most sold blade from Butterfly. So the handle needs to look like on the website pics, no grip tape can be messing that image up.

Recently on some tournament I also saw Dima's blade on a close up and I think he has his handle hollowed out like in his "Donic Senso" blade. They tried to cover this with the Butterfly logo but didn't work so well. Wonder if anyone has noticed that.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2022
Yeah, it's a bit dishonest in my opinion too especially since he pointed it out in some of his videos how Chinese rubbers are boosted etc. Maybe he forgot to mention he has a custom handle??? I guess after having that for years one can glide over that it's special.

This handle thing is not even a big deal, this is not worse than using a grip on the handle. I can understand he cannot use a grip tape since he needs to sell his blades and for sure TB ALC has to be the most sold blade from Butterfly. So the handle needs to look like on the website pics, no grip tape can be messing that image up.

Recently on some tournament I also saw Dima's blade on a close up and I think he has his handle hollowed out like in his "Donic Senso" blade. They tried to cover this with the Butterfly logo but didn't work so well. Wonder if anyone has noticed that.
I think that the most sold blade from butterfly would be viscaria and golden vis, they’re almost everywhere.

It would be interesting if you can upload a photo of that hollowed handle of Dima’s blade, particularly I haven’t noticed that.

Really appreciate your contribution to this post as it’s something harder to find information about that compared to other topics.

This user has no status.
I wonder how often he switches blades, rubber products absorb oils and the rubber overgrips and even grip tape become disgusting after a while
I change my grip tape every four weeks. One of my club mates has had one on his blade for years now and I told him to change it already because it looks so disgusting.

Reactions: Scarfed Garchomp

NDH

says Spin to win!
This seems to be legit. I went back to the video where he glues his 6 new rackets. This is visible there as well. Now that I know where to look it's very obvious.

View attachment 24871

Let's not be naive too much, sponsored players don't get the same Dignics or Tenergy or blades that are on the shelf.
I don't know about anyone else, but the fact that Timo Boll, Butterfly's "Poster Boy" of the last 10 years (and more) has been using a custom *handle* material for years(?)........ Just seems like huge news that was swept under the carpet 😂

It seems people knew as well?

@Shifu - When did you first hear?

The only explanation I can think of as to why Butterfly don't offer it as an option, is that it's a real pain to make them?

Otherwise, I'm pretty sure they could charge another 10/15/20 percent on top of a normal TB ALC and people would buy it.

I'd love to try it and see what it feels like!

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
I don't know about anyone else, but the fact that Timo Boll, Butterfly's "Poster Boy" of the last 10 years (and more) has been using a custom *handle* material for years(?)........ Just seems like huge news that was swept under the carpet 😂

It seems people knew as well?

@Shifu - When did you first hear?

The only explanation I can think of as to why Butterfly don't offer it as an option, is that it's a real pain to make them?

Otherwise, I'm pretty sure they could charge another 10/15/20 percent on top of a normal TB ALC and people would buy it.

I'd love to try it and see what it feels like!
That was probably a few years ago… I don’t remember when exactly.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I think that the most sold blade from butterfly would be viscaria and golden vis, they’re almost everywhere.

It would be interesting if you can upload a photo of that hollowed handle of Dima’s blade, particularly I haven’t noticed that.

Really appreciate your contribution to this post as it’s something harder to find information about that compared to other topics.
I think the most sold blade is Timo Boll ALC. it is often that the coaches will start a player on Timo Boll ALC and once they are proficient, they will stick with Timo Boll ALC or switch to Viscaria or other Butterfly ALC, ZLC, Super Super ZLC and ultra-topnotch ALC. :) :)

Reactions: jammmail
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
I think the most sold blade is Timo Boll ALC. it is often that the coaches will start a player on Timo Boll ALC and once they are proficient, they will stick with Timo Boll ALC or switch to Viscaria or other Butterfly ALC, ZLC, Super Super ZLC and ultra-topnotch ALC. :) :)
Really? The Boll is slightly harder and faster than the Viscaria in my opinion. In the UK the Viscaria or Korbel are more the standard from the coaches.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Really? The Boll is slightly harder and faster than the Viscaria in my opinion. In the UK the Viscaria or Korbel are more the standard from the coaches.
Maybe in North America? I just checked. Timo Boll ALC and Viscaria are the same price on Butterfly online. My club coach does not start anyone on Korbel. I am a big fan of 5-ply and 7-ply all wood (Tibhar Status Power Wood and Samsonov blade blue/black, and Donic Persson Powerplay). So I just asked the coach the other day about buying a Korbel off from him and he dissuaded me and said it is too slow for me. I guess maybe but it is just funny that he does not want to sell it to me since he is a big Butterfly Tenergy and Dignics fan and I almost do not use Butterfly products at all. I fool around with T05fx, T64 fx and T80fx but none of them is put on any of my serious blades that I use on a daily basis.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
And Finally 😉
IMG_2664.jpeg

IMG_2665.jpeg
IMG_2667.jpeg
IMG_2671.jpeg

Reactions: JJ Ng