What is the spinniest ESN hybrid rubber for Joola Flash ball? (seamless ball)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I tried many, I would avoid a lot and would not recommend most. The best one is Tibhar K3, but durability is like wet toilet papers so unless you like to buy a new sheet per month or if you train a lot then every 2 week then it's not so good. I would say the same about other "C-touch" hybrids too since Bluegrip C2 isn't particularly stellar either. I don't think Dragon Grip, Omega China or ZGR is any better either.

Ofc K3 is more like a bouncy type hybrid, if you prefer the Chinese type then K2 is really good, and its durability is good. This one I would recommend since no need to boost and it's similar like a boosted blue sponge rubber. The topsheet is weaker but it's a fast, unsensitive rubber. Despite being tacky it's not that spinny (I think because of the weak topsheet) but it's very good for smashing, probably one of the best. I think the Normal Golden Tango is the same as K2, just saying since K2 is pretty hard to get, while Golden Tango is available.

From Rakza Z EH I first got a red sheet and it was not too hard, quite spinny, not fast at all, more like unbouncy. I quite like that one, the durability is pretty ok too. It has a similar topsheet as K2. You really need to hit hard to get decent speed out of it but it's a stable rubber and a jack of all trades. Then I got a black sheet and it was very very hard and heavy. I hate that one.

Golden Tango PS, it's like a softer Rakza Z, bit more bouncy on slow balls but if you hit hard it rolls off and produces slower balls than expected. It's weird. Topsheet again is like K2 and Rakza. Maybe it's ok for backhand.

Aside from K2 I don't know why I would buy any of them, I would just get H8-80 hard or Glayzer09c. K2/Golden Tango can still suit some people over any other rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Hi jammmail, I measured the G1/C1 recently. The C1 is 44-45, and G1 is 47, both pretty much as declared and expected. I play with G1 now, after the Rakza X, the transition is seemless. I was afraid that G1 will be significantly more spin sensitive, but I don't have this feeling. It is very slightly softer and 1-2g cut lighter that RX. I like it and absolutely don't regret taking it. But it is too early to say whether I'll go back to RX when the rubber is spent. The C1 I only measured, I won't play with it, it is for a friend.

Approx 10. days ago I had to replace the NHP3TB (bubble) with the H3 BS H41 (and I also replaced the RX with G1). The thing is that this particular H3 H41 doesn't have the declared hardness, I've only gave it 1 light booster layer, and it is barely 50 on Type-O durometer, whereas it should be 54-55. The blade is 15g lighter with the DHS H3 BS H41 vs with the NHP3TB. That is good, but the feeling and response and sound from the sponge was disappointing. However I can play with it, and I don't seem to play better or worse ;-). It is perhaps only my immediate disappointment, which is evaporating.

Anyway, had a chance to play in a tournament this weekend, fantastic action, great people, tried a lot of different setups, played good matches. Writing about equipment doesn't give the proper value to this action but if I had to pick the equipment-related things which are somewhart important for me:

- I'll try the Double Fish Volant Phoenix H40 next time on the FH, very nice (@Zwill mentioned it almost a year ago)
- I like the Tibhar K3 quite a lot on the BH, surprise for me
- tried the same blade (same composition, same maker), as mine, the only diff. is ALC vs. DIOLEN. Diolen is, or quite probably is, the thing used in DHS blades like HL5 and W968. And I really liked the DIOLEN. It is more woody feeling and feels like slower incoming of power. Really good for me. Cheers.

Thanks for the update - glad you had a good tournament too!

Reactions: latej
says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
will check my local stores for it, hit me up if you need shipping to europe of asia only rubbers (any rubbers that are hard to get in europe)
Last couple of times I tried to source Tau 2 was via Ali Express, there was basically none available!!! But I haven't really gone out of my way recently, perhaps it's available again? gonna have to check!!

Thanks for offering your help, I may take you up on that!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2018
I tried many, I would avoid a lot and would not recommend most. The best one is Tibhar K3, but durability is like wet toilet papers so unless you like to buy a new sheet per month or if you train a lot then every 2 week then it's not so good. I would say the same about other "C-touch" hybrids too since Bluegrip C2 isn't particularly stellar either. I don't think Dragon Grip, Omega China or ZGR is any better either.

Ofc K3 is more like a bouncy type hybrid, if you prefer the Chinese type then K2 is really good, and its durability is good. This one I would recommend since no need to boost and it's similar like a boosted blue sponge rubber. The topsheet is weaker but it's a fast, unsensitive rubber. Despite being tacky it's not that spinny (I think because of the weak topsheet) but it's very good for smashing, probably one of the best. I think the Normal Golden Tango is the same as K2, just saying since K2 is pretty hard to get, while Golden Tango is available.

Từ Rakza Z EH, lần đầu tiên tôi có một tờ giấy màu đỏ và nó không quá cứng, khá xoáy, không nhanh chút nào, giống như không nảy hơn. Mình khá thích con đó, độ bền cũng khá ok. Nó có một topsheet tương tự như K2. Bạn thực sự cần phải đánh thật mạnh để đạt được tốc độ tốt từ nó nhưng nó là một loại cao su ổn định và là một yếu tố quan trọng trong mọi giao dịch. Sau đó, tôi nhận được một tờ giấy màu đen và nó rất cứng và nặng. Tôi ghét cái đó.

Golden Tango PS, nó giống như Rakza Z nhẹ nhàng hơn, nảy hơn một chút với những quả bóng chậm nhưng nếu bạn đánh mạnh, nó sẽ lăn ra và tạo ra những quả bóng chậm hơn dự kiến. Thật kỳ lạ. Topsheet lại giống K2 và Rakza. Có lẽ nó ổn cho trái tay.

Ngoài K2, tôi không biết tại sao tôi lại mua bất kỳ chiếc nào trong số chúng, tôi chỉ chọn H8-80 cứng hoặc Glayzer09c. K2/Golden Tango vẫn có thể phù hợp với một số người hơn bất kỳ loại cao su nào khác.
how about g09c ?

This user has no status.

From Rakza Z EH I first got a red sheet and it was not too hard, quite spinny, not fast at all, more like unbouncy. I quite like that one, the durability is pretty ok too. It has a similar topsheet as K2. You really need to hit hard to get decent speed out of it but it's a stable rubber and a jack of all trades. Then I got a black sheet and it was very very hard and heavy. I hate that one.

Golden Tango PS, it's like a softer Rakza Z, bit more bouncy on slow balls but if you hit hard it rolls off and produces slower balls than expected. It's weird. Topsheet again is like K2 and Rakza. Maybe it's ok for backhand.

Aside from K2 I don't know why I would buy any of them, I would just get H8-80 hard or Glayzer09c. K2/Golden Tango can still suit some people over any other rubber.
Do you have any recommendations for backhand rubbers. I tried using my 1 month old on my backhand and it had great power, just a little bit too hard at 54-55 degrees for me to use consistently on over the table counterspins.

Anything within 48-53 degrees should work for me. Preferably 50-53 as the 48 degrees rubbers I just destroy. Offensive type rubbers are my thing. Power game, win on 3rd-5th ball or on a single counter.