Spinfire short pips – @WRM-TV

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
I've used it. It's one of the better SP's I've tried over the years if you're looking for a SP that's towards the inverted rubber end of the SP spectrum. In the end I decided it was a bit too soft for my liking. But it was better than the Firestorm Green Edition which I found too hard and "plasticky". The standard Firestorm suited me best, in my opinion, but that wasn't as good as Rakza PO.

For context on all of the above, I was playing with SP's on the forehand.
I'm playing sp on the forehand too. First impression with spinfire is fast, spinny enough but a little bit hard to handle, nice for block but sometimes miss the flat hit. Maybe I need to improve my skill.

Previously I played with hexer pips force, morissto sp, waran, rakza po, etc.

Someone at the club has been using it exclusively but in different colors! From the demonstration on WRM-TV's youtube channel, I come away with the same impression that it is more similar to inverted rubber than traditional short pips that give out a lot of flat or backspin when blocking topspins back.

I think sometimes we are searching for the holygrail that the pips are both controllable (like an inverted rubber) and very deceptive (like what pips should be). I highly doubt such rubber exists. You have to sacrifice one property for the other.

Reactions: jammmail