Rozena vs. Rakza 7?

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
for me they are comparable except R7 is a bit faster, which you could say also = slightly less control. but the real difference is whether you want the spring sponge feel, or a normal ESN gen whatever feel.

if you played tenergy for a while and liked it then you may prefer rozena. if you never played tenergy then don't start with spring sponge unless you have lots of $$$ for TT

Reactions: FrenchFrog33
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
The video implies that Rakza 7 doesn't grip the ball. That is non-sense. At the speeds they were playing at the ball hits the paddle with a lot of force. Multiply this force by the coefficient of friction and there is a lot of tangential force/torque that is applied to the ball. The spin and speed may not be as much as T05 but that is what makes Rakza 7 easy to play with. It just takes a little more umph to get the extra spin and speed. I find I get lots of speed. One would need to be a complete wimp not to get enough speed from Rakza 7. Spin is a matter of technique. I get plenty of spin when I am not too tired to make the correct strokes.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
for me they are comparable except R7 is a bit faster, which you could say also = slightly less control. but the real difference is whether you want the spring sponge feel, or a normal ESN gen whatever feel.

if you played tenergy for a while and liked it then you may prefer rozena. if you never played tenergy then don't start with spring sponge unless you have lots of $$$ for TT
I have played with Razka 7. I like it. It is a do-it-all rubber. I played with club mate's Rozena. It did not make much impression on me.

I agree that there is no need to start with spring sponge unless you want to shell out a lot of money later on. Many ESN rubbers do the job just fine.

If you like Razka 7, you will most likely like Fastarc C-1 and G-1 as well.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
The video implies that Rakza 7 doesn't grip the ball. That is non-sense. At the speeds they were playing at the ball hits the paddle with a lot of force. Multiply this force by the coefficient of friction and there is a lot of tangential force/torque that is applied to the ball. The spin and speed may not be as much as T05 but that is what makes Rakza 7 easy to play with. It just takes a little more umph to get the extra spin and speed. I find I get lots of speed. One would need to be a complete wimp not to get enough speed from Rakza 7. Spin is a matter of technique. I get plenty of spin when I am not too tired to make the correct strokes.
What ads do you see on this forum here ? Butterfly, Stiga, Andro.

What products Dan and Tom review ? mostly Butterfly, Stiga, Andro.

Anything else will not be as good to them, it's business man...

Why do you think England and the US teams are sponsored by Butterfly ? because 2 of the most prominents forums and youtubers are... from those countries !

It's marketing, not sport anymore with Butterfly. Dan and Tom are crazy pro players that could easily play the Bundesliga 2 or the french Nationale 1, maybe Pro B leagues. But let's be honest: there's a bunch of biases here, because of... business.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023

Why do you think England and the US teams are sponsored by Butterfly ? because 2 of the most prominents forums and youtubers are... from those countries !

It's marketing, not sport anymore with Butterfly. Dan and Tom are crazy pro players that could easily play the Bundesliga 2 or the french Nationale 1, maybe Pro B leagues. But let's be honest: there's a bunch of biases here, because of... business.
TT11's review is much more balanced. The recent video of them reviewing H3 neo commercial v.s. provincial v.s. provincial blue spong v.s national. Half of the reviewers said they could not feel the difference between the four sheets of rubber. I was like shocked because commerical is $28 a sheet and the national is $99 a sheet. They just shot their profit in the foot there. But I respect their willingness to say the truth.

I have never upgraded beyond H3 neo commercial and I am happy about that decision even more after watching that review on YouTube.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Rakza 7 and Rozena are both brand's go to rubber for the amateur space.
Rakza 7 is a decade old.
Rozena is backed with a decade old technology but very popular spring sponge (the one that made Tenergy own the market).

at one stage in time, Rakza 7 was trying to complete with Rozena's big brother - Tenergy 05 and it was a pretty good alternative in the 40mm era.
With 40+, Rakza had to release faster rubbers, while Tenergy felt there as no need.

I would favour Rozena over Rakza.
The quality and durability is better over Rakza, and for amateurs, who want to keep the rubber for a long time, I think that is an important factor.
Spin and Speed wise, both do what they intend to do. It is different sponges, and you will just need to adapt.

In terms of market share, Rozena does out sell Rakza 7 by quite a lot

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
TT11's review is much more balanced. The recent video of them reviewing H3 neo commercial v.s. provincial v.s. provincial blue spong v.s national. Half of the reviewers said they could not feel the difference between the four sheets of rubber. I was like shocked because commerical is $28 a sheet and the national is $99 a sheet. They just shot their profit in the foot there. But I respect their willingness to say the truth.

I have never upgraded beyond H3 neo commercial and I am happy about that decision even more after watching that review on YouTube.
Apologies for going off topic to discuss Hurricane rubbers, but my understanding between the different versions of H3neo is that the higher priced versions (National and provincial) have undergone more quality control to ensure that they are more consistent in the quality. So you can buy a commerical and end up with a sheet of rubber that plays like the provincial or national but the chance of that is much lower than if you were to buy a provincial or national piece. The TT11's review video is saying that they cannot detect a difference which is possible definitely, I don't know how many pieces of rubbers they tested though.

I used to use commerical H3neos but there was once about 8 years ago where I bought a piece and it was unplayable, very different to the previous ones that I had used. I can't really explain more as to what it was that made it so different as it has been ages ago but ever since then, I try to play with the provincial ones (as national is too exp for me).

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Apologies for going off topic to discuss Hurricane rubbers, but my understanding between the different versions of H3neo is that the higher priced versions (National and provincial) have undergone more quality control to ensure that they are more consistent in the quality. So you can buy a commerical and end up with a sheet of rubber that plays like the provincial or national but the chance of that is much lower than if you were to buy a provincial or national piece. The TT11's review video is saying that they cannot detect a difference which is possible definitely, I don't know how many pieces of rubbers they tested though.

I used to use commerical H3neos but there was once about 8 years ago where I bought a piece and it was unplayable, very different to the previous ones that I had used. I can't really explain more as to what it was that made it so different as it has been ages ago but ever since then, I try to play with the provincial ones (as national is too exp for me).
I like discussions about Hurricane 3.

My impression is that you are right; National and provincial have better quality control. However, I also heard rumors that someone at some club members in Europe got hold of the National rubber reserved for China national team only and found the rubber to be super amazing.

Rumors started spreading like wild fire and soon after that, DHS capitalized on that and started churning out National and/or Provincial rubbers at much much higher price points which guarantee "better" performance. When the rumor started, they said such rubbers only exist if you find a former China pro table tennis player and even the left over (used) National rubber had some magic power that would bring lightness down upon you while you play with it. Better speed. Better control (already that's an oxymoron there). Better spin. Better everything!

Anyway, that is what I remembered from a few years ago.

By the way, half of the people testing the rubber on TT11 youtube channel did say they felt the provincial blue sponge to be noticeably better. I have not tested that out. but I recently got hooked onto Sanwei Target National and it has blue sponge! there is also the rumor that 729 Battleship provincial blue sponge is better than the rest. So I don't know. Maybe there is something special aboiut blue sponge apparently.

I have bought lots of H3 neo orange sponge commercial from TT11 over the years. I have never had one bad patch. Plus, each sheet is under $20 with 30% discount on a big purchase. If I get one bad rubber, I would not even bother asking for a refund from TT11. I will just buy three more since compared to Tenergy and Dignics, $20 per sheet of H3 neo commercial is pocket change.

Now I have switched to STN, it will cost me about $30 a sheet. But the fact that I don't need to boost it, it is worth it. After 3-4 months, I might try to boost a sheet of STN.

By the way, recently I pulled out a black sheet of Friendship 729 FX Super Soft and I boosted it. I put it on my daughter's backhand. It was a huge mistake! The spong was so soft and the blade is unplayable (even my daughter who is a beginner found it bad), I just ripped it off the blade and replaced it with a black sheet of Friendship LKT Pro XT, not boosted and otherwise tempered with. Much better.

I was thinking, well, people talk about boosting Tenergy 05 and make it a beast. Why don't I just boost a Friendship 729 fx super soft rubber? Nope, you cannot do that. So I learned from that. Not every rubber should be boosted.

As you can tell, I have a lot of cheap rubbers lying around that I still need to put them on some old 5-fly wood blade...at some point in the future....before those rubbers disintegrate on their own into dusts.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022

TT11 is a general distributor/reseller, they have no conflict of interest as long as EVERYBODY finds its "niche" of customers. They do business, but as they sell nearly ALL THE BRANDS stuff, no problem, so it's easier. If Dan started to review Yasaka and Tibhar products more than 2 times in a row, I guess Butterfly would give him much less money to make the forum and the youtube channel live. As many other youtube channels say they are sponsored by companies they have to make an ad for (like... Nord VPN hahaha), it would be fair for all of us if Dan said he ACTUALLY has a contract with those 3 brands. Adam Bobrow makes it obvious with Andro, and there's no problem whatsoever.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
TT11 is a general distributor/reseller, they have no conflict of interest as long as EVERYBODY finds its "niche" of customers. They do business, but as they sell nearly ALL THE BRANDS stuff, no problem, so it's easier. If Dan started to review Yasaka and Tibhar products more than 2 times in a row, I guess Butterfly would give him much less money to make the forum and the youtube channel live. As many other youtube channels say they are sponsored by companies they have to make an ad for (like... Nord VPN hahaha), it would be fair for all of us if Dan said he ACTUALLY has a contract with those 3 brands. Adam Bobrow makes it obvious with Andro, and there's no problem whatsoever.
I agree. But still, TT11 can probably make at most say $18 on a $28 dollar rubber. But with a $99 rubber, I imagine they can make $50 profit somewhere. I respect them for that.

As for Dan, yes the sponsorship situation should be clarified. Or else people cannot trust their product review.

Adam makes it very clear. He is an Andro guy.

However, Butterfly or Andro or Stiga probably cannot pay Dan and Adam that much to endorse their products. Table tennis is still a niche sport. I am sure Dan and Adam make a lot more money off their YouTube videos than any free rubbers or direct payment made by Andro to, say, Adam directly. By contrast, Roger Federer was endorsing Rolex for payment of $16 million per year. Now I want a piece of that pie. :) :)

Reactions: JeffM and OldUser
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
The ads you see each time you come here are the money Dan gets, simple as that. I've got an adblocker, a popup blocker, an anti BS Google script writer (tapermonkey) and I still see those ads, I guess it's clear: put our ads and make them visible AT ANY COST on your websites or you'll get less money. Of course it's not Rolex or Nike, sure... but it's way enough to pay OVH, and OVH costs are high enough to maintain that level of business.

Reactions: JJ Ng and JeffM
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
I like discussions about Hurricane 3.

My impression is that you are right; National and provincial have better quality control. However, I also heard rumors that someone at some club members in Europe got hold of the National rubber reserved for China national team only and found the rubber to be super amazing.

Rumors started spreading like wild fire and soon after that, DHS capitalized on that and started churning out National and/or Provincial rubbers at much much higher price points which guarantee "better" performance. When the rumor started, they said such rubbers only exist if you find a former China pro table tennis player and even the left over (used) National rubber had some magic power that would bring lightness down upon you while you play with it. Better speed. Better control (already that's an oxymoron there). Better spin. Better everything!

Anyway, that is what I remembered from a few years ago.

By the way, half of the people testing the rubber on TT11 youtube channel did say they felt the provincial blue sponge to be noticeably better. I have not tested that out. but I recently got hooked onto Sanwei Target National and it has blue sponge! there is also the rumor that 729 Battleship provincial blue sponge is better than the rest. So I don't know. Maybe there is something special aboiut blue sponge apparently.

I have bought lots of H3 neo orange sponge commercial from TT11 over the years. I have never had one bad patch. Plus, each sheet is under $20 with 30% discount on a big purchase. If I get one bad rubber, I would not even bother asking for a refund from TT11. I will just buy three more since compared to Tenergy and Dignics, $20 per sheet of H3 neo commercial is pocket change.

Now I have switched to STN, it will cost me about $30 a sheet. But the fact that I don't need to boost it, it is worth it. After 3-4 months, I might try to boost a sheet of STN.

By the way, recently I pulled out a black sheet of Friendship 729 FX Super Soft and I boosted it. I put it on my daughter's backhand. It was a huge mistake! The spong was so soft and the blade is unplayable (even my daughter who is a beginner found it bad), I just ripped it off the blade and replaced it with a black sheet of Friendship LKT Pro XT, not boosted and otherwise tempered with. Much better.

I was thinking, well, people talk about boosting Tenergy 05 and make it a beast. Why don't I just boost a Friendship 729 fx super soft rubber? Nope, you cannot do that. So I learned from that. Not every rubber should be boosted.

As you can tell, I have a lot of cheap rubbers lying around that I still need to put them on some old 5-fly wood blade...at some point in the future....before those rubbers disintegrate on their own into dusts.
I heard the rumour about how rubbers only exist if you find a former China pro, but luckily the provincial rubbers appeared on the market not long after xD Yeah there are rumours that the blue is faster/bouncier/ able to generate more power with higher skills / harder to control than the orange, and they are sold slightly more expensive. I have been using the blue, not really because I truly believe in the differences but I just thought it looked cool. I don't really change my rubbers that often for it to start melting my wallet.

It is great to have kids that play TT too! Pass on the legacy. I am sure they appreciate it alot too, having a parent that knows tt and able to change their rubbers for them instead of blindly going to a ship to try new stuff and rely on others to glue it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I heard the rumour about how rubbers only exist if you find a former China pro, but luckily the provincial rubbers appeared on the market not long after xD Yeah there are rumours that the blue is faster/bouncier/ able to generate more power with higher skills / harder to control than the orange, and they are sold slightly more expensive.
back in the day, 22# sponge, which is known as blue sponge was basically impossible to buy, and having connections, does help. I had European pros texting me to buy mine off me.

A part due to it was quality control and since then DHS actually improved a lot on QC.
However, if we look at 22# sponge in the H9 series - the only "commericial" blue sponge by DHS, the quality to me is really, not the same.
back then orange sponge, or 20# provincial or national was easier to get. But blue sponge was the one that everyone wants to get.

Even today, the ones that the national team uses, is so much better than the "commercial" national edition.
22# is better than 20# when comes to boosting, but due to the way the sponge is formulated, pips breaking at the top sheet happens way more times then 20# sponge. So in a way, orange lasts longer than blue

Reactions: JeffM

Oh well, I've had my doubts about him for a long time.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
It is great to have kids that play TT too! Pass on the legacy. I am sure they appreciate it alot too, having a parent that knows tt and able to change their rubbers for them instead of blindly going to a ship to try new stuff and rely on others to glue it.
I am trying to get my kids to play. I have failed this past month. They got a new 25mm Joola table for christmas. They started playing like 3-4 times a week. Then in the past 4 weeks, they have barely played. I will try again when they are on summer break. I cannot push too hard to turn them away. I know I need to get their friends to play table tennis too. But table tennis is just not very popular. I have no problem coaching my kids and feeding them multiballs. For other people's kids, I don't have the patience. Lol! :) :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
back in the day, 22# sponge, which is known as blue sponge was basically impossible to buy, and having connections, does help. I had European pros texting me to buy mine off me.

A part due to it was quality control and since then DHS actually improved a lot on QC.
However, if we look at 22# sponge in the H9 series - the only "commericial" blue sponge by DHS, the quality to me is really, not the same.
back then orange sponge, or 20# provincial or national was easier to get. But blue sponge was the one that everyone wants to get.

Even today, the ones that the national team uses, is so much better than the "commercial" national edition.
22# is better than 20# when comes to boosting, but due to the way the sponge is formulated, pips breaking at the top sheet happens way more times then 20# sponge. So in a way, orange lasts longer than blue
I get confused by all the available versions of DH3 out there. I think will stick with DH3 neo orange commercial going forward anyway.

But I am now switched to Sanwei Target National. It has blue sponge. I just don't know if it is any good boosted. I guess I will find out in a month when I boost one sheet of STN.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I just purchased a black sheet of Rakza 7 2.0 for my fh. I'll put in on my Cybershape Wood blade. I hope that this will be one step to improving my game. Now, I need to get a coach!
I think you should get a coach who can teach you long pips.

Reactions: FrenchFrog33