Post your latest EJ purchase

This user has no status.
I have to say, the finish of that 729 blade in your pictures looks pretty good. I have bought a few 729 blades a while ago and the quality was always pretty average

Yes, I was also quite surprised. I purchased a few of this blade, and I can say, that the deviation of the wooden ply thicknesses is pretty low. I don't think, that the Stiga equivalent would be much better - best part of it, that this blade is steadily sub $40 on AliExpress. I had to sand the edges and apply lacquering of course, but this blade holds serious value both for double inverted players and pips users.

Reactions: Scarfed Garchomp
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
IMG_5064.jpeg
IMG_5065.jpeg

Tronix ZGR black (169mm x 169mm) and ACC blue (171mmx171mm)

ZGR came with a plastic nonsticky protection sheet, but topsheet is slightly sticky allowing the protection sheet to seal. ACC is not sticky and came with a paper protection sheet typical of nontacky ESN rubbers. ACC smells like booster, ZGR smells only slightly. Will glue and cut to 89g SPW very soon

This user has no status.
I've got my hands on Battle III (both side 39°), so I matched it with a high quality blade offering from Friendship as well (Rose 7). I am excited to see, how this setup will perform.

Once Patrick (thePongProfessor) made a review of a few novelty class Stiga 7 ply allwood blades, and based on the frequency reading I got on this blade, I expect it to behave very similarly to Rosewood NCT VII.

View attachment 26646
How the 729/Friendship Rose 7 feel? Does it Clipper structure? Thanks

This user has no status.
How the 729/Friendship Rose 7 feel? Does it Clipper structure? Thanks

Technically, it has similar structure to Clipper, maybe the second plies are not the very thin ones seen on Clipper, somewhat thicker - so it is similar to TSP (Victas) SWAT, just a bit thicker, almost like Xiom Solo.
Of course, the top ply is much harder than the top plies of the mentioned other blades, so it has a crisp feeling with a slight dampening on low power hits (also, not much dwell), but it has great feeling and noticeably higher top speed when used more aggressively.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Inner carbon or outer carbon?

I have outer carbon. It is very fast. I would put H3 skyline neo because it is a bit slower than H3 regular neo on forehand. I would then put Xiom Vega Europe in the backhand because again, the blade is very fast. I would not put C-1, Rakza 7 soft, G-1, Xiom Vega Pro, or Tenergy on it.
I am thinking of acoustic inner to maintain acoustic feel and hv more control to suit T05 on fh and dig 05 on bh

anyone has views on this? will acoustic inner maintain tht magic feel? and with speed

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
Digital indicator to check racket flatness just arrived, updated design.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
I know I told that will not buy anything new but curiosity was stronger than me and would like to check @Der_Echte ‘s setup so nothing fast which will be difficult to handle… and quite economy setup 😉
IMG_4211.jpeg

IMG_4212.jpeg
IMG_4215.jpeg

Donic Persson PowerPlay FL + Donic Bluestorm Z3+ Tibhar Aurus Soft all max.
Weight of Blade is 90g, with rubbers 184g.
Tomorrow training session.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
anyone has views on this? will acoustic inner maintain tht magic feel? and with speed
Yes, I have a view on this
: Numbers will tell us lies.
I once decided to go away from my usual "slow boring" inner carbon setups with limba outers and see what all this "fast stuff" is all about. I bought an outer carbon blade with Koto top >>>>>>>>>>>>>> I could hardly get the ball over the net.

It is best to try your club mates units and see if you can find something that feels just right for you.

End of waffle 😂

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Yes, I have a view on this
: Numbers will tell us lies.
I once decided to go away from my usual "slow boring" inner carbon setups with limba outers and see what all this "fast stuff" is all about. I bought an outer carbon blade with Koto top >>>>>>>>>>>>>> I could hardly get the ball over the net.

It is best to try your club mates units and see if you can find something that feels just right for you.

End of waffle 😂
So which inner one u hv ? acoustic inner?

says former JPEN, now CPEN
says former JPEN, now CPEN
Aug 2019
reactor tornado v5 red and black

pasted it on my Goiabao 5 today without boosting, just by bounce test alone the speed should be decent for a chinese rubber (my blade is pretty stiff with hard outerply)

kinda heavy but we will see how it goes

decent spin but quite slow so i am going to boost it

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Curiosity got the best of me.

View attachment 26743
Tibhar Stratus Power Wood is a good choice! I have like 7 of them.

It looks like you want something grippy on the forehand and your backhand you like medium hard ESN rubbers.

I played with my friend inner carbon Violin the other day. I think Violin vibrates a bit. Tibhar Stratus Power Wood should not vibrate at all. I don't like my blade vibrates. :) :)

Reactions: BaRanchik