Recent content by Gozo Zyreruna

  1. When should I back away from the table?

    Q: When should back away from table A1: when you are preparing to counter-loop or counter-drive. A2: After opening loop, opponent blocks the ball will come back with a lot of spin that was generated by your good self. You must back up to drive and if you don’t the ball kicks up and will mess...
  2. 🌎 🇩🇪 TTD Forum Meet Up in Düsseldorf - September 11th, 12th & 13th 🇩🇪 🌎

    if this was held in Asia, this thread will be seven pages of wefie, selfie, group selfie and group wefie... and only one page of words. Must be a Euro thinggy = no photo.
  3. 🌎 🇩🇪 TTD Forum Meet Up in Düsseldorf - September 11th, 12th & 13th 🇩🇪 🌎

    i went back three pages of this thread and still no photographs of you handsome lot. I am now tempted to believe you all attended an imaginary event 🤣🤣🤣 Come on, show me your faces. I wanna see all you handsomes.
  4. FH Rubber with high Arc ?

    Donic bluefire m1 turbo fits the bill: 1.Rainbow arc 2. ESN sponge hardness around 50 degree
  5. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    this is a classic modern TT tactic. Serve to opponent backhand side with sidespin; ball will come back to server's bh. Server pivot aka step-around and fh loop for the win. this is just like the classic four moves checkmate in chess. every serious players knows it but sometimes, just sometimes...
  6. FH issue: i dun wanna smash no moar, i wanna spin moar. help!

    This post serves to highlight that it seems I have a certain style of fh loop. If I let the ball drops a bit more and then loop upwards, my chance of ball landing is higher versus if I were to drive forward against high ball with backspin as shown. ( NB: I am responding to a poster here asking...
  7. FH issue: i dun wanna smash no moar, i wanna spin moar. help!

    Thanks Sensei Tom, I’ve been thinking about your advice and also testing it out in actual games. I think for now I’ll keep my slower, spinny setup loop as the foundation. But instead of always going crosscourt unidirectional, I’m going to learn to use the table more, changing the geometry for...
  8. WTT Contender Almaty 2026 Sep 1-6

    The old hurricane; the version that defeated Ding Ning is back!
  9. FH issue: i dun wanna smash no moar, i wanna spin moar. help!

    Tonight is my first night using Yasaka Rakza7 as fh rubber to rebuild my fh. Here are my empirical observations. ( i played 18 sets with two different players tonight using R7 on fh side.Blade is BTY SK7 which is a seven ply all-wood construction ) 1. it is bouncy / catapulty / trampolinish no...
  10. GEWO Lineup

    in my locale, a Gewo rubber price point is very very close to Dignics. It is a no brainer it does not sell well in my locale. Oh and btw, does not sell well is already an overstatement.
  11. FH issue: i dun wanna smash no moar, i wanna spin moar. help!

    I wish to speak a bit about Seth’s video, especially the Type 1 spin-up technique he mentioned against ambiguous spin ball, that is to say, when you are not sure about the spin on the incoming ball. In the video, he recommends to spin up the ball to create a high loopy and spinny ball as the...
  12. FH issue: i dun wanna smash no moar, i wanna spin moar. help!

    Yes sir, this is also what @NextLevel said to me in an earlier post. I guess this unker have to do what unker do best, focus on placement, rather than power. Welcome myself to unkerhood.
Top