Recent content by oophyte

  1. Best budget rubber for BH?

    I think plastic protector sheets can stick to anything by solely Van der Waals forces. And then there are those protector sheets that are themselves sticky, if you really want good adhesion to non-tacky rubbers. My own Moon 12 Blue was 100% non-tacky.
  2. What Are Hybrid Table Tennis Rubbers and Why Are They So Popular Nowadays?

    Would the Tibhar K3 Jade be considered hybrid despite supposedly "extremely high tack"? :) If not, would it be the first non-Chinese full tacky? (Well, made by Tibhar/ESN, but one can acknowledge that it was after signing with Ma Lin)
  3. WTT Champions Macao 2026, 9/8-13

    Lol that one mainlander basically invited more trolling by dwelling on the political subject. And then they posted the PRC flag next to LYJ, which ironically would not have been approved by WTT/ITTF either, according to their own earlier objection. Real mainland Chinese fans of TT have been...
  4. Chinese players tactics: Switch the blade side when SMASH

    Even Shunsuke Togami does it. For pretty much the same reason: he has D09C on his FH right now, and he twiddles to the red Z03 for smashing lobs to maximize speed. However, one thing still confuses me, and perhaps it's due to my misunderstanding of FH/BH equipment suitability in the...
  5. WTT Contender Almaty 2026 Sep 1-6

    Both BH fade and the BH chop at 1:2 in G1 convinced me that this Togami dude only has the full send mode and nothing else.
  6. DHS Inner Carbon Blades Comparison: Sun Yingsha, Wang Chuqin, Long 5 & B2X

    HL5A is Koto | ALC | Ayous | Kiri. In other words, it's DHS's Viscaria clone and nothing like HL5's Limba | Ayous | KLC | Ayous lol.
  7. What Are Hybrid Table Tennis Rubbers and Why Are They So Popular Nowadays?

    Yes, I already see that you consider "hybrid-ness" to be a spectrum. What I'm curious about is, from your perspective, is there anything tacky other than H3 that you don't consider a hybrid?
  8. What Are Hybrid Table Tennis Rubbers and Why Are They So Popular Nowadays?

    It sounds like your definition of hybrid is anything tacky that isn't H3.
  9. I accidentally made a Chinese rubber insanely tacky — so I started experimenting

    The Chinese lady who sold me my first assembled racket back then told me to clean the H3 with sweat after each use. So, I guess I pose to you the question that I wish I had asked her: How does one consistently sweat enough to clean 2 pieces of rubber? And while we are being scientifically...
  10. DHS Inner Carbon Blades Comparison: Sun Yingsha, Wang Chuqin, Long 5 & B2X

    Here's where I saw it: From left to right: SYS: somewhat thick WCQ: slightly thick HL5: (standard) HL5X: extra thick On the other hand, he only verbally talked about Q968 being hardened relative to W968, without specifying the manufacuring treatment. It is only the graphics that imply it to...
  11. DHS Inner Carbon Blades Comparison: Sun Yingsha, Wang Chuqin, Long 5 & B2X

    From the manufacturing perspective, The main difference is in the core layer thickness. Thickness from lowest to highest: W968 < Q968 < S968 < HL5X And assuming all else the same, from thickness you can expect the usual consequential correlation with hardness, speed, and weight; and inverse...
  12. DHS Inner Carbon Blades Comparison: Sun Yingsha, Wang Chuqin, Long 5 & B2X

    It's yellow because it's Kevlar AKA para-aramid AKA the bullet vest material known for high tensile strength per weight ratio. The Chinese call it KLC (KevLar Carbon? I don't really understand the L. Maybe it's for parity with ALC) or 黄芳碳 黄 = yellow 芳 (芳纶纤维 ) = aramid fiber 碳 (碳纤维) = carbon...
  13. DHS Inner Carbon Blades Comparison: Sun Yingsha, Wang Chuqin, Long 5 & B2X

    This is the first time I've heard the term aromatic carbon. So let's address the elephant in the room: How do they smell? ;)
  14. Rubber arc height and length discussion

    In a vacuum, horizontal distance scales quadratically with speed (d ∝ v^2). 110% speed = 121% more distance. With Magnus effect from topspin, the force scales linearly with speed (F ∝ v). 110% speed = 110% more downward force. You can think of it like additional gravity (even though the...
  15. Rubber arc height and length discussion

    Cool measurements (if true)! It's funny how everything else has units, but not the initial "power". Obviously that's not the power in physics measured in watts. Marketing department pulled additional numbers out of their butt?
Top