Recent content by vanjr

  1. Rate the top 40+ balls

    To me the BEST ball is a new or nearly new one-preferably 3 star. I have tried some 2 star (Komann) that are pretty good. Brand does not matter to me as much as age of ball. I love to try new brands and make my clubmates frustrated... Among new balls I like almost all-Joola flash is one am not a...
  2. Yasaka Rakza 7 Hard

    I am using Rakza X on my BH, but really want to try a sheet of R 7 hard on my BH.
  3. Cheaper Rakza Z EH alternative

    If you were in the US, I would recommend gambler X3 gold label (25 US dollars vs 55 for Rakza Z EH). I know table tennis 11 has good deals at times and I assume you don't have to fight tariffs like we do in the US-you may could by a sheet or two when it goes on sale. I don't think X3 is quite as...
  4. Razka XX (max)-weight of a cut rubber?

    RX is less spin sensitive and RXX is more so compared to each other. I think I can control the ball and keep it shorter than both with RZ although it is tacky and Neither RX or RXX are tacky at all.
  5. Razka XX (max)-weight of a cut rubber?

    I have not played as much with Dignics as I have RX and RXX, but I found them different. I have flopped from RX to RXX back to RX and over the last month or two back to RXX on my forehand. I am trying RX on my backhand (comparing with RZ and R7). RX is better at control. I find I can hit my...
  6. Razka XX (max)-weight of a cut rubber?

    Cut to a yasaka falck W7 or carbon, I have a could of sheets of RXX max at 47 grams and one sheet of RZ max at 49-50 grams. All black. So it looks lighter for used sheets with the glue peeled off. (also measured some older sheets of RX and R7 max and they were in the 46-47 range as well)
  7. Most premium Yasaka carbon blade?

    I do worry that the Falck carbon may be a blade of the past as yasaka is no longer sponsoring him.
  8. Most premium Yasaka carbon blade?

    I play with the Falck carbon blade, but have seem a few newer carbon blades made by Yasaka. I still think the Falck carbon is a their premium carbon (yes I know it's inner carbon). Are the resonate series as good? What about the atletico series? Thanx. No one I know uses those blades.
  9. Top player surprised by LP player

    I have played LP for years (no longer-I have been double inverted for about 9 months now). Trumpauskas has some text book games on what NOT to do-giving sidespin on your serves, not playing dead long serves, attacking all balls instead of occasionally pushing and re-setting the point. Maybe he...
  10. My expensive and frustrating search for a forehand defensive rubber.

    First I will say that the Goriki is a different beast-and while it has high control, its attacking properties (imo) is VERY limited. But I will also add I like a little harder sponge than 729 super soft 35 degree-729 tackspeed in 2.0 is a very versatile rubber and great for control, defense and...
  11. How do you use AI in table tennis?

    I will use it if I can't find a review for certain material or need some ideas about how to play against a certain style. I basically use it as a semi-enhanced search engine. I prefer info from TT forums.
  12. How do you fit table tennis around a demanding job?

    God grant me the grace to accept the things I cannot change...
  13. Is 10 weeks with a new blade long enough to start getting adjusted to it?

    10 weeks is plenty of time to give a blade a good trial, assuming you have your rubbers all set. Also assuming you are not playing once a week. That said, I think the longer you play with a certain set up that you continue to get more comfortable with a set up over time and even over a year or...
  14. Sanwei Target National - Players Edition

    I have to give Sanwei credit for trying, but at some point repeated releases of a rubber suggest an inability to deliver what buyers want. I for one would just go with either Hurricane 3 if that is what one wants. For me I think Friendship Battle 2 provincial or national versions is the way to...
  15. No umpires in USATT tournaments

    How do we do matches? Mature players handle disagreements like adults. I would say in a day tournament where I play 10 singles matches there are one or two points that we disagree about (was it an edge ball or side ball; what the score is). I for one would rather lose than win by cheating, so I...
Top