Huge blade repository/database found

says Blood, sweat and gears!
says Blood, sweat and gears!
Sep 2022
Not entirely sure who made this, but I've found a site with a huge list of blades, their compositions and comments including: Clones, which blades have been used by pros, etc.

I can't vouch for the authenticity of this work as it is not mine, but I've made and will attach a PDF (to preserve this information) and link for the site for access!

Lots of love,
Hyooong xxx

Link: https://www.kineske-gume.rama.hr/Drva_Popis.htm

Attachments

• Blade HolyGrail repository.PDF
    164.8 KB · Views: 53
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
Yes, ITTF gonna to examine player's racket as a whole, both blade and rubber, For the newly introduced procedure look into Chapter7 ITTF Technical Manual9 of Racket Control.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
That is indeed a pretty enormous list, to say the least. However, as I checked some of the "usual suspects" (Viscaria, Boll ALC, Innerforce blades etc.) and some of my own blades I noticed that this list sometimes contains (unfortunately) the same mistakes we've seen, heard and read about over the years...

For example the Viscaria: It's medial ply is ayous and not limba, same for Mizutani ZLC (it has ayous as a medial ply not limba) and for most of the Butterfly Innerforce blades (except the ALC.S for instance, which has spruce). Hell, the Innerforce ALC is mentioned twice here and one is listed here as having koto as a medial ply, which is ridiculous. Maybe one of the two is supposed to mean Innerlayer ALC, but the Innerlayer ALC also does not have koto as a medial; it has ayous.

Furthermore I stumbled over one of my own blades, the Tibhar Kim Jung Hoon. It has outer plies made of white ash, however here it says hinoki.

So, in conclusion, it is somewhat nice having such a list. But if it is full of mistakes, inaccuracies, "myths" etc., well...

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
But if it is full of mistakes, inaccuracies, "myths" etc., well...
As it would be.
If a blade is included twice, referencing one set of information to another source, this cannot be taken as a "definite" list, but may not be intended as one.
The problem is that those lists are sometimes referred to as if they were definite, even more so with "rubber thickness", "rubber weight" or "blade frequency" lists.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
...this cannot be taken as a "definite" list, but may not be intended as one.
Perhaps, yes, it is more like an (ever) ongoing accumulation of blade compositions which at least in some instances should be taken with a big grain of salt. If someone is really interested in a certain blade composition, one should always double (or triple) check with other sources.