Search results

  1. China Smash 2026, Beijing, 10/1-11

    It's a list of the seeded players in the tournament, which should answer your question.
  2. China Smash 2026, Beijing, 10/1-11

    It's possible. To me the equipment seems like the obvious difference maker, but there is probably more than one reason for it.
  3. China Smash 2026, Beijing, 10/1-11

    Yeah I actually thought Sareen was playing well in that match. His blade (and pretty much every chopper's blade) is not as reactive as what most attacking players are using. They need to have bigger swings to generate enough power to bother the other player.
  4. China Smash 2026, Beijing, 10/1-11

    Gotta beat the best if you wanna be the best.
  5. Step up from the fastarc G1

    Dignics 05 or Nuzn 50 If you're already consistent with the G1 then you should be fine with either. 05 has higher speed ceiling, but also a bit more unforgiving.
  6. China Smash 2026, Beijing, 10/1-11

    Didn't expect Sareen to beat Yoshiyama. Still a lot of potential to keep improving it seems.
  7. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    Yeah, I think these drills are good for learning how to 'build' a point. Early in rallies often both players are close to the table, so you simply don't get the type of ball that you can load up for. Learning to creating quality with timing and efficient movements, loading up when...
  8. Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

    A good way to change the exaggerated backswing is to have someone feed you multiball with random positioning. The goal is to stay close to table (1-2 steps at most) hit every shot with a brush and take the ball early or at its peak. If you don't have time to get there, you can play the shot...
  9. Different (fiber) blade philosophies

    I think it's true in a general sense. Blades that are very soft/flexy or very stiff/hard might feel quite awkward to play with certain rubbers. I think most blades are made with enough of a balance that they work with most rubbers. Clipper is a good example of using soft wood but with stiff...
  10. Does anyone have the experience of playing the hurricane king wang chuqin?

    Because Ma Long is the GOAT and WCQ is not
  11. SDC Handmade Blades

    This seems like a smart way to make a powerful but controlled outer blade.
  12. How much training time per week is too much?

    I second that physical fitness goes a long way. Being able to train more effectively and recover faster make a huge difference.
  13. How much training time per week is too much?

    As long as you're not physically or mentally burning out, any amount is fine really. I play 2-4 times per week depending on how busy I am. More than that and it starts feeling more like a second job for me.
  14. When should I back away from the table?

    Once a topspin rally starts I try to have at least enough room to block or counter loops that land deep on the table. That's generally 1-3 steps back, depending how much speed and spin the other player tends to play with. After you serve or play a loop, you should expect some pace or topspin...
  15. What is talent in table tennis?

    This all supports the idea that they should start young. Your earlier post literally begins with, "starting young is a myth". This study is very clearly suggesting that people should be starting young, just not spend their childhood focussed on one thing to the exclusion of others (which seems...
  16. What is talent in table tennis?

    How is it the overwhelmingly observed pattern of excellence when the majority if not all of the current top10 players were receiving serious coaching in table tennis much younger? There's no 'instinctive' aspect to it. The evidence just points to the opposite.
  17. What is talent in table tennis?

    It's very difficult to imagine someone who wasn't already interested in the sport, suddenly starting at age 13/14 and then committing most of their free time to becoming professional. By that age, most people who intend to play the sport for a living have already been playing consistently with...
  18. 20th Asian Games Aichi-Nagoya 2026, 9/19-10/4

    I'm not so sure that Sora's barriers are physical rather than mental. He can overpower almost any player that he comes up against, but it's clear he needs to add some tactical variation when he comes up against those top tier players who he can't beat with sheer speed and spin alone.
  19. Chinese rubbers fast as an European?

    ESN also makes rubbers for Nittaku, DHS, Yasaka, Xiom, Joola, Victas and probably some I'm forgetting. Are they all German companies too?
  20. Miwa's footwork for receive

    I think it's (partly) to keep her footwork active. If you take a small step back, it's easier to feel in rhythm if your feet are active and moving. I take a small step in place and use it to 'bounce' if I need to move when receiving serves, and also when playing short serves or pushes myself...
Top