Search results

  1. I accidentally made a Chinese rubber insanely tacky — so I started experimenting

    Small update here. I tried adding glycerin to my long pips (Spinlord Dornenglanz) just for fun and that rubber got very tacky and a bit softer. I can pick up a ball a fraction of a second with it. So, very different reaction to different rubbers it seems. Sadly i will have to buy a new long pips...
  2. I accidentally made a Chinese rubber insanely tacky — so I started experimenting

    I love what this post has turned in to 😅
  3. I accidentally made a Chinese rubber insanely tacky — so I started experimenting

    Sounds like a fun experiment, refinement would be a time consuming process though when it comes to levels beeing released over time, and the product will have a best before date, but still, if you have time, fun! :) since i live in that old big house built of wood i have read up a bit on...
  4. I accidentally made a Chinese rubber insanely tacky — so I started experimenting

    I don't follow, you mean that the inverted rubber has become sticky due to the long pips? Sounds odd, tell me more. 🤔
  5. I accidentally made a Chinese rubber insanely tacky — so I started experimenting

    Nice thinking, and ambitious post 👏 i think we could get along quite well and have very interesting discussions :LOL: Very valid and interesting factors that you are bringing up with the gases released by wood. Below is the answers to some of your questions ----> 1. The house is indeed a big...
  6. I accidentally made a Chinese rubber insanely tacky — so I started experimenting

    I wipe it on my manly hairy forearm. I have no issues what so ever generating enough sweat to make this possible after a 2 hours session.
  7. I accidentally made a Chinese rubber insanely tacky — so I started experimenting

    No, the racket was laying with the effected rubber slightly face down(partly exposed) on a shirt laying on a chair. The side that was facing upwards is long pips.
  8. SANWEI Target National CP-Tuned — Compact Sponge × Factory Tuning

    I thought about layering sponges, that would be really interesting but i guess it is illegal?
  9. SANWEI Target National CP-Tuned — Compact Sponge × Factory Tuning

    I kinda figured, im sure it is a good product, but marketing went a bit "creative" there :D
  10. I accidentally made a Chinese rubber insanely tacky — so I started experimenting

    Hey all! Pretty new player here — I've been playing for about a year or so. I fell very much in love with the sport, but with kids and work I don't have the possibility to play as much as I'd like. I tend to satisfy my urges by spending way too much time on forums, reading up on equipment...
  11. SANWEI Target National CP-Tuned — Compact Sponge × Factory Tuning

    I might not be understanding this fully but when you say "The sponge compresses under impact, stores energy, and then releases that energy back into the ball." Is that not, if broken down to basics how all sponges except dampening ones work?
  12. Long Pips Sideswipe: The Key Technique

    Nice! I often use the reverse version of this stroke when receiving serves im a bit unsure about.(Assuming you are right handed, swipe left with same racket angle as in video and ball at highest point etc.) I will try this out for sure though, great work!
  13. My expensive and frustrating search for a forehand defensive rubber.

    Final contribution from my side. Guide to Forehand Chopping Rubbers by a beginner, for beginners. What I've personally tested My recommendations and opinions in this guide are limited to the following rubbers and sponge thicknesses that I've personally tested. All rubbers except for the...
  14. My expensive and frustrating search for a forehand defensive rubber.

    PS: i find it strange that DHS is selling the H3 commercial version under the same name as the provincial and national versions. Im sure there are a lot of customers who try that one out first since it is cheap and then gives up on Hurricane 3.
  15. My expensive and frustrating search for a forehand defensive rubber.

    So a little update as promised. Today i received and glued on the H3 provincial 38°. At the first look i was not impressed, quite a bit less tacky than my commercial version and the only differens except for the packaging was some additional stamps on the sponge. I went and played with some...
  16. My expensive and frustrating search for a forehand defensive rubber.

    Thank you for all your replies, i value your input and I think i have a plan on how to move forward. I will, as suggested go through my stack of rubbers that i have tested so far for my old blade, even though they are cut in the cybershape form. Glue them on 1/1 and give them an hour or so each...
  17. My expensive and frustrating search for a forehand defensive rubber.

    Thanks for the tip, i will look into it! :)
Top