#1485 - 5+2 Inner - OFF-/OFF
And this is the second blade, the one that was meant for the customer. It's based on a Harimoto, so it still has the slightly larger head size, but with a marginally smaller handle, Vis shaped but thinner.
- Limba / Ayous / B-S / Ayous core
- 88.4g
- 6.0mm
-...
#1484 - 5+2 Inner - ALL+/OFF-
Today we have a double post because these blades are bonded by birth. We also have a bit of a rant, sorry about that 😅.
At this point you already know I have a long waiting list for custom orders, and if after one year or more of waiting, you still wish to...
I don't think it's cutting corners, it's just part of mass making, I don't know how other companies do it. They could be sending those middle blades to the Viscaria pile and the top ones to the TB ALC pile for example, that I don't know...
I think you can apply that logic to many things in life, there's even a saying, right? "Don't judge a book by the cover".
You can judge the cover, in this case the top ply, there are visual cues that tell you if it's a denser Koto or not, but that doesn't tell you much about how the blade...
#1483 - Outer A-C - OFF
You don't have a lot of outer fibers blades on the market with an Ayous core, and the reason is very simple, Ayous is denser than Kiri, which means it's harder too. With the composite already so close to the surface, adding something harder underneath, may make the...
It's about 0.8mm thick, so within the parameters for this type of blade. Keep in mind that the original may also vary a bit, the blades are made to spec and that is one of the things they "play" with. In this case, the Ayous intermediate layer is a bit darker, and the top ply is light, so it...
A member asked my opinion on this, so that's why I'm here. I think that Wakkibatty said pretty much everything, but let me add a few points.
- First off, there's no spec other than the fact that the top ply is Koto, that's the spec. Koto, like all woods, varies greatly in properties, stiffness...
#1482 - Inner A-C - OFF-/OFF
N301 style blade, so basically a W968 with a Koto top ply, which doesn't really translate well in the photo, but it's super fish scaly in this one. Slightly crisper than its Limba counter part, it feels soft and kinda slow on passive shots, until you whack the ball...
#1453 - 7 Wood - ALL+/OFF-
All the layers in this blade were "cooked" before gluing, it's a fully thermo treated blade, which I believe I've never seen before, but to be honest, I don't think I will make again. I've spoken about thermo treated wood before, but let me do a quick summary. When...
#1424 - Outer B-S - OFF-/OFF
There's nothing too special going on with this blade, I always say that wood density means more than wood species, and this is just an example of it. In terms of structure, it's just another Vis style composition, but I used really low density Koto outer veneers...
I wouldn't say he is necessarily wrong, but it depends on the case. I'm generally against printing but for other reasons, I think it's completely unnecessary since you are going to cover it with rubbers anyway, so I only do it if the customer requests it, or very rarely if it's a special blade...
Here we go again... 16 blades for immediate sale, that I will start posting next week. I know I always say this, but I think we have some very interesting blades in this batch.
Absolutely no need to do it that often, it never goes that fast 😅.
I'm very upset with that, I have a bunch of orders on stand by because of it. Thank you for understanding
I don't think the problem is Hinoki in general, but Kiso Hinoki... I have Hinoki from other reagions and it's much denser than the Hinoki from Kiso. Feeling wise it's not the same, but the main problem is the weight.