Table Tennis Equipment on Ali Express

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
So I'm looking for cheap table tennis rubbers online and came across rubbers on Ali Express. The prices on Ali Express appear to be cheap however, when I discussed this with my coach he said he doesn't recommend me to buy products on Ali Express since there's the risk of the product being counterfeit.

Do you guys think it'll be safe to buy Stiga Mantra M for $50?

If no, where should I buy rubber?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
Do you guys think it'll be safe to buy Stiga Mantra M for $50?

If no, where should I buy rubber?

For $50, why not buy from other places like Tabletennis11.com, which has a sterling reputation, fast shipping and Mantra M sells for $47, and it is on sale if you buy 4 (for the cost of 3).

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
For $50, why not buy from other places like Tabletennis11.com, which has a sterling reputation, fast shipping and Mantra M sells for $47, and it is on sale if you buy 4 (for the cost of 3).

The criteria here is the cost of postage. Aliexpress shops often send for free but it takes sometimes up to 3 months to arrive. TT11 will send using DHS, at Euro15 which is fine if you order a lot and if one orders a lot there is also no postage cost. Sometimes we do not want to order a lot. ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2020
Sorry I meant in $50 NZD which costs around $32 USD. And also living at New Zealand, shipping costs a lot.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Sorry I meant in $50 NZD which costs around $32 USD. And also living at New Zealand, shipping costs a lot.

If you buy from Playa pingpong shop at Aliexpress you will be alright.
Another shop i have done deals with is XVT Table tennis.
If you can wait 2 month or longer for the parcel it is ok and postage is free.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Look for free AliExpress standard shipping it is usually a lot faster

NO, not really, I just got a packet today that was mailed in July. I would not call this faster.
Having said that, I got another packet last week from the same outfit, that came via registered mail so took about the same time to arrive.

The best way is to pay for it and then ""forget about it""" Then when it finally arrives you can "act surprised"" just like on Xmas when you get some old socks ;)

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews
NO, not really, I just got a packet today that was mailed in July. I would not call this faster.
Having said that, I got another packet last week from the same outfit, that came via registered mail so took about the same time to arrive.

The best way is to pay for it and then ""forget about it""" Then when it finally arrives you can "act surprised"" just like on Xmas when you get some old socks ;)

Maybe regional thing. For me AliExpress standard shipping is almost always less than 2 weeks and normal economy package is 2 months.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Chinese Pingpong (Aliexpress) has it, and they always sent me good products. Else. Check out Pingmaster in Italy. Good prices for most things, but there's a postage fee of course...

Chinese Pingpong is on my blacklist at Aliexp.
It is easy to advertise themselves as honorable , never to sell fakes etc etc. The proof is always in the action and when they send me a Yinhe blade that was bend like a banana they became really rude when i complained about it.

It is a minefield out there ;)