729 Bloom power can't lift the ball after 3 uses

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2024
Hi guys, I am starting playing table tennis and I bought a 729 Friendship Bloom Power from AliExpress. Is it my first time using tacky rubber. I saw on the internet that would be good to clean it after each use with water and a sponge and let it dry naturally, so I have done that with the soft side of a new and clean kitchen sponge.

The weird part is that when it arrived was really tacky, the ball would not even bounce on it but now I can not even lift the ball with the rubber tackynes.

Is it normal to loose that much tackynes só fast?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
I had a problem with one sheet of Bloom Power I bought where the sticky top layer actually came off with the plastic protection film it came with. Some parts were sticky and some parts weren't sticky at all.

The thing produced no spin and I had to trash it after barely any usage. Maybe you got a bad sheet like I did.

After cleaning it won't be tacky though. Maybe cover it film for a day or two and see if the tack comes back.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2024
I had a problem with one sheet of Bloom Power I bought where the sticky top layer actually came off with the plastic protection film it came with. Some parts were sticky and some parts weren't sticky at all.

The thing produced no spin and I had to trash it after barely any usage. Maybe you got a bad sheet like I did.

After cleaning it won't be tacky though. Maybe cover it film for a day or two and see if the tack comes back.
Thanks for the tip and for tracking the time to answer me.

I will try to cover it to see what happens.

I am a bit worried that the rubber is fake because I could not find any seller with a lot of sells of this rubber on AliExpress. Let's hope is not.

I just use it 2 or 3, felt that came with some glue that in a few strokes the glue started to quickly get out, in the begining it was very slow and kinda got faster after 30 minutes of play. But I am enjoying playing with it, just troubles me how quickly it is changing the behavior of the rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Thanks for the tip and for tracking the time to answer me.

I will try to cover it to see what happens.

I am a bit worried that the rubber is fake because I could not find any seller with a lot of sells of this rubber on AliExpress. Let's hope is not.

I just use it 2 or 3, felt that came with some glue that in a few strokes the glue started to quickly get out, in the begining it was very slow and kinda got faster after 30 minutes of play. But I am enjoying playing with it, just troubles me how quickly it is changing the behavior of the rubber.
There are no fakes of rubbers as cheap as Bloom Power. You don't have to worry about that.

With tacky rubbers you want to cover them at all times after you use it, preferably after cleaning. Just use a few drops of distilled water and your hand. The sponge is for wiping away excess water, not for scrubbing.

The tackiness comes back after being covered for a while.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2024
There are no fakes of rubbers as cheap as Bloom Power. You don't have to worry about that.

With tacky rubbers you want to cover them at all times after you use it, preferably after cleaning. Just use a few drops of distilled water and your hand. The sponge is for wiping away excess water, not for scrubbing.

The tackiness comes back after being covered for a while.
Is it okay to use the soft side of regular kitchen sponges ?

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
It's because of the humidity it collects over practices. If you leave it to sit for a couple of days/weeks it'll be again as tacky. It's not really the tackiness that's changing, the water that is left on it just evaporates. It won't play any different.

That's assuming you're taking proper care of it.

Reactions: AugustoPerboni
Hi guys, I am starting playing table tennis and I bought a 729 Friendship Bloom Power from AliExpress. Is it my first time using tacky rubber. I saw on the internet that would be good to clean it after each use with water and a sponge and let it dry naturally, so I have done that with the soft side of a new and clean kitchen sponge.

The weird part is that when it arrived was really tacky, the ball would not even bounce on it but now I can not even lift the ball with the rubber tackynes.

Is it normal to loose that much tackynes só fast?
The stickiness goes down a lot in the beginning after a few sessions it will almost not decrease anymore. I thing at that time it’s at the right level, you don’t need much to get the of it. If you can lift the ball more than a second it’s too much.

After play clean the rubber with water, let dry and cover with protective sheets. The cleaning can also be done with an agent bought from a TT store. The advantage with this is that the rubber dries faster. No it doesn’t hurt the stickiness, I have been testing both water and cleaning liquid for 6 months and I don’t see any difference whatsoever…

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2024
It's because of the humidity it collects over practices. If you leave it to sit for a couple of days/weeks it'll be again as tacky. It's not really the tackiness that's changing, the water that is left on it just evaporates. It won't play any different.

That's assuming you're taking proper care of it.
Thank you very much! That's really good to hear. Thanks for the answer

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2024
The stickiness goes down a lot in the beginning after a few sessions it will almost not decrease anymore. I thing at that time it’s at the right level, you don’t need much to get the of it. If you can lift the ball more than a second it’s too much.

After play clean the rubber with water, let dry and cover with protective sheets. The cleaning can also be done with an agent bought from a TT store. The advantage with this is that the rubber dries faster. No it doesn’t hurt the stickiness, I have been testing both water and cleaning liquid for 6 months and I don’t see any difference whatsoever…

Cheers
L-zr
Thank you very much for the answer!

This Chinese teaky rubbers are still something new for me.

Do you recommend cleaning it with water using the hand? Or do you use any sponges? I am currently using the soft side of a new regular kitchen sponge .