Advice for forehand rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022
Hi guys,

I have tried a few rubbers over the past years (tenergy 05, tibhar elp,...) , but cannot seem to find the right one. At this moment i'm using the tibhar elp, but find the trajectory too low when spinning. This was way better with the tenergy 05, but this rubber was very hard to control in the short game because of the catapult effect. I'm searching for a rubber with good spin, control and good in short game. For me the power isn't the most important, since i rarely do flat hits in game, i always tend to spin. I have heard of some rubbers that could fit this, like the nittaku fastarc G-1, rakza z, rakza z extra hard, tibhar hybrid k3,... But i'm not really sure which one would be the best for me.
Any advice is welcome since i'm not really a rubber goeroe.

This user has no status.
I'm a big proponent of the G-1. I've been using it FH & BH for over 2 years now. It doesn't have the crazy catapult that some others do. I get plenty of control in the short game. I'm also able to produce an ample amount of spin. It's funny because people will want to see what I'm playing with just based on the amount of spin i get. I think I'm the only one using it at my club and most people there have somehow never heard of it. It's Butterfly everywhere at that place.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
BE AWARE: A child in candy shop shall go mad. It is incurable. ⚠
Stay calm, dont seek left and right, get stuck to a single rubber fit for all playing styles, 729 Super FX 1,9 or suchlike.

Be happy.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: JeffM
says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
G1 and be happy. It is a middle of the road, all-purpose all can do rubber. From there you can then decide what attribute you prefer and then branch out on your own.

The three main branch are:
1. Trampoline effect / speed monster - look at ESN
2. Super grippy / spinny - look at Japanese rubber like the Tenergy series. King of BH rubber.
3. Hard n tacky Chinese rubber. You'll be well rewarded with loop kill strokes when done with proper technique. Need a coach to help you learn this technique to properly get the most out of this type of rubber.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
G1 and be happy. It is a middle of the road, all purpose all can do rubber. From there you can then decide what attribute you prefer and then branch out on your own.

The three main branch are:
1. Trampoline effect - look at ESN
2. Super grippy - look at Japanese rubber like the Tenergy series
3. Hard n tacky - Chinese
And ESN hybrid

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
never tried that before. I am an ESN purist. What is your feedback on this?
Well, I personally think real Chinese rubber grips the ball better and has more top end potential.

But if you don't want to boost, and if you still want a little more bounciness, then ESN hybrid is a very good alternative. It definitely has more top end potential than regular ESN tensors.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
I started playing table tennis in 2020 with a gap of more than 25 years. I was using Friendship 729 till 1991. In 2020, when restarted, I tried a number of rubbers like, Rakza 7, Rakza X, DHS H8, MXP & Stiga Mantra M.

I remained very comfortable with Stiga Mantra M. It gives good throw angle, dwell time and Arc. The spin is always awsome in top spin.

However, the blade is also very important. I gradually settled down from all-round Sweden Extra to ALC FZD.

I suggest try some soft rubber with a good through angle.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
If you want to be safe, then G-1. or maybe you want to start off with C-1 and then upgrade to G-1 later.

If you really just loop and is not looking for a smash, and you don't want to boost, then Sanwei Target National. Sanwai Target National feels easier to control than Hurricane 3 neo.

I don't see the place for hybrid rubber just yet. You can get G-1 (or C-1) at less of a cost for a hybrid rubber (like K3). And you can get Sanwei Target National probably for 1/2 of the cost of a K3.

Like one of the member said above, I see Butterfly everywhere. Everyone is getting set up with Tenergy and Dignics around me. G-1 is very much under-rated.

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
This was way better with the tenergy 05, but this rubber was very hard to control in the short game because of the catapult effect.
rozena was made for you, give it a try