Advice of *CHEAP* carbon blades and Rubbers opinion

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2024
So as the title says,
I'm a beginner table tennis player I got a deal on chinese rubbers 2x YINHE Mercury 2 Rubbers and 1 Sanwei T88 Ultra Spin, but my old blade is in rough condition and i
went to my local market got just a cheap table tennis blade because BLADES are really really expensive
I got a Huieson X-2 Hybrid Carbon7 Ply Blade, I just have question it's a cheap blade and says it have 2 carbon layers is it actually a carbon blade or just a fake one or something

Another question is I have 2 piece of YINHE Mercury 2 which i have used previously which was in used condition and one is T88 Ultra Spin which i have not used ever
I'm going to be applying my new rubbers should i be applying the same YINHE Rubbers or 1 T88 and 1 YINHE need some advice

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
So as the title says,
I'm a beginner table tennis player I got a deal on chinese rubbers 2x YINHE Mercury 2 Rubbers and 1 Sanwei T88 Ultra Spin, but my old blade is in rough condition and i
went to my local market got just a cheap table tennis blade because BLADES are really really expensive
I got a Huieson X-2 Hybrid Carbon7 Ply Blade, I just have question it's a cheap blade and says it have 2 carbon layers is it actually a carbon blade or just a fake one or something

Another question is I have 2 piece of YINHE Mercury 2 which i have used previously which was in used condition and one is T88 Ultra Spin which i have not used ever
I'm going to be applying my new rubbers should i be applying the same YINHE Rubbers or 1 T88 and 1 YINHE need some advice
Carbon is not expensive technology. There's no need to fake it. It's literally some plywood glued together and an ultra thin piece of composite material. Whatever you paid for your blade is what it costed to make plus a market for profit, just like any other product you own.

Keep the Mercury 2 on your new blade. Better off changing only one thing at a time and making note of the characteristics of whatever was changed.

Reactions: lodro and JJ Ng
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Carbon can be made cheap and this is real, for rubbers do what you want, mercury 2 is really good for beginners.

But here is the important part:

If you want my advice, stay away from carbon for the first 2~3 years at least and get a 5ply all wood, or a 7ply all wood at most. Carbon is fast and sensitive, it will ruin your confidence and stability and will destroy your development.

If you want a cheap blade, the n10s from yinhe is cheap and good for beginners and intermediates. It's equivalent to the stiga allround classic.

If you want a 7ply, then sanwei fextra 7, wouldn't recommend it though because it's still a hard and fast offensive blade. It's similar to the stiga clipper.