After a long break, TG2 still reigns (Review TG2 + W968)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
It has been a few years since I last played TG2 on FH. I gave up due to back pain as TG2 demands too much. So for 2019-2021 I played boosted H3 provincial or national.

Long story short, I picked up a sheet of TG2 blue sponge 40 degree after disappointing low tack in the new H3 National 40 degree. This review compares National H3 blue sponge with Provincial TG2 blue sponge.

Both sheets were boosted with 4 layers of Seamoon commercial version. They were glued on my W968 letter.

Flat hit
H3 is definitely faster than TG2. H3 also reigns in FH short flick.

Passive block
I feel they give similar feedback and speed

Service
TG2 can serve spinnier and shorter game

Short return
TG2's hard top sheet helps to keep it really short and low.

Lifting back spin
Easier with H3 as the ball sinks into the sponge with less effort. If your position and stroke are not that precise, TG2 might land the ball in the net.

Counter top spin
TG2 reigns when you get in the right position and strike it hard. The trajectory is longer and lower due to higher spin.
A short story to testify. This guy that plays long pip and inverted always beat me 3-0. I can never get more than 4 points per game with H3.
However, he couldn't handle my FH loop with TG2 with his long pip. He still beat me 3-1. He won two of the games 12-10.
That tells you how crazy TG2 can be even against a long pip player.

I've attached my diagram just to summarise different aspects of H3 and TG2.
Note%20Mar%2025%202022%202%20jpg.jpeg

Reactions: mihalichtheone
Another thing to add. This guy with long pips, I won many easy points with my spinny serves. His misjudged my spin with his long pips. I was surprised TG2 could generate so much spin even for a long pip player.
May I ask how did you get the data for the diagram?

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: BlackCat510
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Especially rich coming from someone who posts weekly subjective uodates about how they are getting on with their custom blade. At least this thread is about equipment readily available. 😋

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2021
Read 1 reviews

I recently tried out a boosted sheet of TG2 Neo (2 thick layers of falco long tempo) granted it was commercial...

In my opinion it was odd... It somehow felt fast but somehow slow? Lifting underspin was great but I found that my loops against topspin were inconsistent... perhaps it was too boosted for my liking. This was on someone else's blade, but the same as mine. Unboosted I felt that it played great if it was faster. Boosted, I feel that it's lost some degree of spin because the sponge is super bouncy.

I definitely liked serves on the TG2, such a unique feeling! Great control and it really felt like you could easily manipulate the ball- more than any chinese rubber I've played with.