Alternative blade for Stiga Carbonado 45

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Hi, got a question about this blade.
I like this blade and been using Sanwei National Target(SNT) on my forehand, changed it over to Loki Arthur China red and currently have Loki Rxton 3 black for my backhand.

Was supposed to use Tibhar Evolution EL-D on my backhand but it's red and I don't have black forehand rubber anymore since I screwed up my SNT rubbers.

Really curious if there are other outer composite fiber blades that are similar to Carbonado 45 since my C45 is getting really beat up and needs a change soon.
Thanks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Read 1 reviews
I recently bought the C45. I have only had time to try it once, but I liked it very much. Played some friendly matches and played better with it then with my normal setup. I will invest in some new rubbers to the C45 and consider make it my main blade. I will definitely play with it more. I think it´s an underrated blade that deserves more hype. Many of the women’s CNT player played with it before changing to faster w968. It combines the best of two worlds. Feel and control like a wooden blade and at the same time a bigger sweetspot, extra punch and good for backhand like a carbon blade. For me its very balanced, the perfect speed for my level. For the moment I play with an inner carbon blade (similar to Ovtcharov ALC), but the C45 feels more controlled.

Why do you want to change? It´s a great blade! Do you just want to test something new or do you dislike something with the C45?

Reactions: TheProfessor
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
I recently bought the C45. I have only had time to try it once, but I liked it very much. Played some friendly matches and played better with it then with my normal setup. I will invest in some new rubbers to the C45 and consider make it my main blade. I will definitely play with it more. I think it´s an underrated blade that deserves more hype. Many of the women’s CNT player played with it before changing to faster w968. It combines the best of two worlds. Feel and control like a wooden blade and at the same time a bigger sweetspot, extra punch and good for backhand like a carbon blade. For me its very balanced, the perfect speed for my level. For the moment I play with an inner carbon blade (similar to Ovtcharov ALC), but the C45 feels more controlled.

Why do you want to change? It´s a great blade! Do you just want to test something new or do you dislike something with the C45?
Interesting insights. They still make the C45 right? I might buy a new one then. :D If the C45 feels more controlled than inner composite blades then I might as well stick to the C45, anyway my strokes and the rubbers are enough for speed and kick.

Reactions: SamTheMan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Read 1 reviews
Interesting insights. They still make the C45 right? I might buy a new one then. :D If the C45 feels more controlled than inner composite blades then I might as well stick to the C45, anyway my strokes and the rubbers are enough for speed and kick.
Yes, they still make the Carbonado series. If your happy with your blade, then probably the safest thing to do is to buy a new C45. If you buy something else, chances are you will be disappointed and miss your C45.

Reactions: TheProfessor
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Yes, they still make the Carbonado series. If your happy with your blade, then probably the safest thing to do is to buy a new C45. If you buy something else, chances are you will be disappointed and miss your C45.
I got a Loki W81 Pro ZLC which is basically Limba outer ply, inner zlc that I'm trying. I'll try this for a bit, if I don't like it, I'll buy a new C45 :sneaky:

Reactions: SamTheMan