Alternative to Big Dipper/R37

says Blood, sweat and gears!
says Blood, sweat and gears!
Sep 2022
Looking for a slower alternative for a Yinhe Big Dipper (38 degrees) on FH and a more grippy alternative to Andro Rasanter R37 on BH. I like the feel of the BD, gets great spin, but it's just a bit too fast for me on the blade I am using (Yinhe Uranus 2 - 7ply). The Rasanter is a rubber I'm very used to, but it seems to be a bit lacking on lifts.

So, a more controlled rubber than BD, and a gripper rubber than R37.

Any advice would be appreciated, prices can be from cheap-mid range. Many thanks!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Looking for a slower alternative for a Yinhe Big Dipper (38 degrees) on FH and a more grippy alternative to Andro Rasanter R37 on BH. I like the feel of the BD, gets great spin, but it's just a bit too fast for me on the blade I am using (Yinhe Uranus 2 - 7ply). The Rasanter is a rubber I'm very used to, but it seems to be a bit lacking on lifts.

So, a more controlled rubber than BD, and a gripper rubber than R37.

Any advice would be appreciated, prices can be from cheap-mid range. Many thanks!
I think Jupiter 3, or even Jupiter 2 are less bouncy than BD, so that might be right for you.

Bloom Power is less bouncy too. Arthur China also.

There's always Hurricane 3, which is far less bouncy.

This user has no status.
729/Friendship Pro Dragon L has a dense and very grippy topsheet (while it is meant to be almost non-tacky, protective sheets are stick to it very well). The sponge is not really bouncy, but it has a lot of gears, when it is needed - the topsheet-sponge combination here requires to play with proper technique and fast and relaxed wrists, but if you have a good foundation, you will feel it rewarding to use. I'd suggest to get a "Soft" red sheet for backhand and a "Mid-soft" sheet for forehand. Mid-soft feels like at least 47°eu (37°chn) hardness or maybe a little more, Soft is somewhat softer, but not by much. If you need a more bouncy (but still very controlled) rubber, you can get Yinhe Jupiter 3 Asia in 37°chn for BH and 38°chn for FH as well.