Blade for attacking with LP

This user has no status.
Hi everyone,

Recently I have been contemplating trying out LP on my backhand, for an attacking block/hitting playing style.
I am however worried that my current blades are too fast/attacking for an LP BH and I am looking for blade options better suited to an LP BH.

My main blade currently is a Butterfly Balsa Carbo X7 22 and love that to bits.
My natural thoughts therefore went to the Butterfly Balsa Carbo X5 22 as ALL blade option with similar characteristics as the X7 but more flexible and tamed down.

Would this indeed be a suitable option?
Or do you guys have other suggestions that are suitable for an attacking LP BH, it being a light and preferably affordable blade.

Thanks for your input!

This user has no status.
Stiga offense classic, light semi hard and slow :)
Thanks for the suggestion!
Looking into it, wouldn't the Stiga Allround Classic be a better fit? I suspect that the Offensive Classic might in the same ballpark as my Balsa Carbo X7 on speed and hardness and from what I read going the LP route a blade thats more flexible and slower might be better suited.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
Thanks for the suggestion!
Looking into it, wouldn't the Stiga Allround Classic be a better fit? I suspect that the Offensive Classic might in the same ballpark as my Balsa Carbo X7 on speed and hardness and from what I read going the LP route a blade thats more flexible and slower might be better suited.
Nah, many lp players prefer offensive over Allround. You get more power in offensive blade which is nice for attack in lp

Reactions: enoxzr
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Sponge thickness (or lack of sponge i.e. ox) might matter more. Just be aware that once you add sponge to the long pips, its wobbly and spin reversal effects are going to be a lot less. So you have to attack with your long pips. You cannot just sit there passively and block.

Have you decided what thickness of the sponge you want to use?

As for blade, I have heard all sorts of stories and opinions. Quite frankly, it is quite confusing. You should just start with your current blade and see how the long pips applies to your blade (i.e. is it a good combination or not?). You can always change the blade later.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Sponge thickness (or lack of sponge i.e. ox) might matter more. Just be aware that once you add sponge to the long pips, its wobbly and spin reversal effects are going to be a lot less. So you have to attack with your long pips. You cannot just sit there passively and block.

Have you decided what thickness of the sponge you want to use?

As for blade, I have heard all sorts of stories and opinions. Quite frankly, it is quite confusing. You should just start with your current blade and see how the long pips applies to your blade (i.e. is it a good combination or not?). You can always change the blade later.
Thanks for the reply!

I am thinking of going to a version with a spong at first, thinking 0.6~1.0 depending on what LP I am gonna give a go. Plan is to attack with them, playing passively or chopping is not my thing.

Might indeed stick a sheet on my main blade and see where that takes me, enough time to contemplate on it!