Blade Racquet Swing Weight Calculator - Stiga Cybershape Carbon Penhold

This user has no status.
Are there any resources for calculating the swing weight for table tennis blades/racquets? I play Penhold, and the additional 9% of blade at the top of the Cybershape, plus additional 2.2 sponge Hurricane 3 Neo and Glayzer 09c make this blade play a lot heavier than the 82g listed on the Stiga site.

I've decided to switch to a DHS 301 as the Stiga Cybershape Carbon plays like a barge on my RPB, the additional rubber weight really messes up the dynamics compared to regular blades. It would be great to be able to calculate how different the swing weight is to give Penhold players some warning before they purchase the blade.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I do not have the CWT version. Even with the weights, it would still be moving a lot more weight far from the center of gravity for the blade.

I only took statics in college, but I don't think the weights would do as much for Penhold since they would sit at the top of my palm. But I guess Stiga does sell a CWT Penhold for Stiga Cybershape Carbon so maybe? I am hoping a mechanical engineer responds with a better framework for understanding if the drawbacks of Cybershape are more pronounced for Penhold.