Carbon Fleece Zylon vs ZLC

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Are Carbon Fleece Zylon and ZLC the same?

AFAIK Carbon Fleece a.k.a. Soft Carbon, it's extremely thin, non-wowen and provides a very subtle increase in hardness and speed. It's so thin, I doubt if it's really suitable to weave with other materials. So Carbon Fleece is nothing like ALC and other stronger carbon layers. I played with some Soft Carbon/ Carbon Fleece blades and it indeed feels very different.

Now, Nittaku states that its' S-CZ blade has a Carbon Fleece Zylon layer. Some sellers say it's ZLC and these terms are interchangeable. I'm not entirely sure it actually is.

To add more confusion Donic who have their World Champ 89 series made by Soulspin, just like Nittaku S-CZ which is very similar, states that 89s have Carbon Fleece Zylon Webbing.

Do you have any idea what is the Nittaku S-CZ Carbon Fleece Zylon layer?
Or, at least if you played with S-CZ and ZLC/ SZLC blades, does it feel similar?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 1 reviews
There is a picture of the 'Carbon Fleece Zylon' on page 26 this Nittaku catalog from a few years ago:

Hopefully someone recognises the material and can give some more information.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
There is a picture of the 'Carbon Fleece Zylon' on page 26 this Nittaku catalog from a few years ago:

Hopefully someone recognises the material and can give some more information.

Thanks, looks like webbing indeed, but probably thinner than ZLC.

Screenshot 2023-12-19 at 12.41.48.png