chinese or hybrid rubbers for jpen?

i know that jpen is generally used with the softer and springier euro/jap tensors so that you can pressure opponents more with tpb. i like hybrid or chinese rubber for my forehand though, is it still viable?

this is just my inexpensive extra jpen(yinhe 982) racket that i use along with my c-pen. i wanna put my extra rubbers that i'm not using on it and see how it goes
what do you think would be the best option, along with my previous question?

my extra rubbers:
friendship battle 2 provincial blue sponge (boosted w/haifu national yellow, this is from a friend who gave it to me)
hurricane 3 neo provincial blue sponge (boosted w/haifu black)
donic bluestar a1
joola rhyzen fire

battle 2 on jpen is not bad at all; good spin, not enough penetrating speed on high power strokes however

ive only tried prov orange on jpen so blue sponge might be worth trying since it is faster than prov orange esp when boosted
i do have prov bs w/haifu black.
how was prov orange on jpen?

Use the bluestar!
Yep have it on rn, it's great. I just wanted to see what other options could work.
Slapping on some h3(boosted to high heavens) sounds fun too
My bluestar already shows signs of wear. and since i have extra rubbers lying around, i'm also thinking of what can be a replacement.

Last edited:
says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
i know that jpen is generally used with the softer and springier euro/jap tensors so that you can pressure opponents more with tpb. i like hybrid or chinese rubber for my forehand though, is it still viable?

this is just my inexpensive extra jpen(yinhe 982) racket that i use along with my c-pen. i wanna put my extra rubbers that i'm not using on it and see how it goes
what do you think would be the best option, along with my previous question?

my extra rubbers:
friendship battle 2 provincial blue sponge (boosted w/haifu national yellow, this is from a friend who gave it to me)
hurricane 3 neo provincial blue sponge (boosted w/haifu black)
donic bluestar a1
joola rhyzen fire
there's no best option. choose any rubbers you like and practice to get used to it, only you can know which is the best for you.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I think a disadvantage of Chinese rubber for JPen ist that the game is forehand dominant but you are still doing quite a bit of blocking and flat hitting with the TBP and tacky rubber is much better for Looping than flat hitting and blocking.

says former JPEN, now CPEN
Aug 2019
i do have prov bs w/haifu black.
how was prov orange on jpen?
well ive said it on my prev post

it has good spin, decent speed on forehand topspin but not quite enough speed to trouble your opponents once you start powerlooping despite the speed of ur jpen paddle

the blade ive tried it on is a 9mm kiso hinoki nittaku rorin

TPB with battle 2 is not as good as euro-jap rubbers and kind of iffy imo; it is good at absorbing the pace of the ball compared to euro-jap however so if u like controlling the pace of the ball rather than punching it back it is pretty usable.

having used the prov bs on my cpen i would say that its much better for powerlooping, more or less the same spin as orange but quite harder to put spin onto the ball

TPB with prov bs is still mid

Aug 2019
Yep have it on rn, it's great. I just wanted to see what other options could work.
Slapping on some h3(boosted to high heavens) sounds fun too
My bluestar already shows signs of wear. and since i have extra rubbers lying around, i'm also thinking of what can be a replacement.

honestly i have very little experience with hybrid rubbers, even more so when i played jpen since they were still a new thing

the only hybrid rubber ive used so far jpen or not is reactor tornado v5 and even then it is arguable if it is a hybrid or not

my favourite rubber to use on jpen is andro rasanter r50, maybe you can check it out

it is not tacky at all, its ur normal euro rubber with gimmicky ultrathin topsheet but other reviewers have mentioned that it sort of plays like a chinese rubber so i feel like it is worth mentioning

Cool, thanks! andro rasanter r50 is 50 deg right? not too far off from bluestar a1, which is 52.5
honestly i have very little experience with hybrid rubbers, even more so when i played jpen since they were still a new thing

the only hybrid rubber ive used so far jpen or not is reactor tornado v5 and even then it is arguable if it is a hybrid or not

my favourite rubber to use on jpen is andro rasanter r50, maybe you can check it out

it is not tacky at all, its ur normal euro rubber with gimmicky ultrathin topsheet but other reviewers have mentioned that it sort of plays like a chinese rubber so i feel like it is worth mentio

Go for T05 or T05H
as you said, Jpen is better with them for a reason.
I don't like T05.
T05H was ok, I have a spare sheet but I have a tourney soon so sticking to what's familiar for now(I will probably do further testing.)

Until after the tournaments, I will most likely continue to use bluestar a1 on the fh. Thanks!