Compare Rakza 7 vs. Rasanter R45?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
How do the spin, control and speed compare between Rakza 7 and Rasanter R45?
You are going down the dangerous path of EJ'ing!!!!

More seriously, I have a Rasanter R47, green, not open. So I don't know about the Rasanter series at all. I have played with Rakza 7, Rakza 7 soft, Rakza X and Rakza X soft. They are all great rubbers. Good spin. Good control. Good speed. And they are very very durable.

Some people complain that the Revolution series loses its catapult effect after a while. I cannot say much about that because I boost my ESN rubber when it gets old.

But the Rakza series, they are made by Yasaka and they last for a long time!

I have tried T05fx, T64fx, T80fx, Rakza, Fastarc, and Revolution series. Recently I just tried Xiom Vega Euro. If someone says, I want an all around tensor rubber (good control, good spin, good speed), I think Rakza 7 (or Rakza 7 soft) would be my #1 recommendation. After that, if the person wants to try other ESN rubbers, sure go ahead and try them.

• Love
Reactions: FrenchFrog33
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022
Read 1 reviews
You are going down the dangerous path of EJ'ing!!!!

More seriously, I have a Rasanter R47, green, not open. So I don't know about the Rasanter series at all. I have played with Rakza 7, Rakza 7 soft, Rakza X and Rakza X soft. They are all great rubbers. Good spin. Good control. Good speed. And they are very very durable.

Some people complain that the Revolution series loses its catapult effect after a while. I cannot say much about that because I boost my ESN rubber when it gets old.

But the Rakza series, they are made by Yasaka and they last for a long time!

I have tried T05fx, T64fx, T80fx, Rakza, Fastarc, and Revolution series. Recently I just tried Xiom Vega Euro. If someone says, I want an all around tensor rubber (good control, good spin, good speed), I think Rakza 7 (or Rakza 7 soft) would be my #1 recommendation. After that, if the person wants to try other ESN rubbers, sure go ahead and try them.
Thanks JJ Ng! I do have a serious EJ problem. I'm always looking for the perfect rubber, but there is no "perfect" rubber. I should just stick with R7 and practice, practice, practice!!!

Reactions: Scarfed Garchomp
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Thanks JJ Ng! I do have a serious EJ problem. I'm always looking for the perfect rubber, but there is no "perfect" rubber. I should just stick with R7 and practice, practice, practice!!!
R7 is a very good all around tensor rubber. It has been around for a long time. Solid rubber. Yes practice, practice and practice! After you perfect your techniques with R7 if you want to try other rubbers, then you can do so.

I can tell you, to me T05fx, T64fx and T80fx are just too bouncey. Revolution series has the lack of durability concern. Xiom Vega Europe, it is alright. A tad too soft for me. The top sheet is not grippy at all. Not that impressed. R7 is still a better starting rubber (C-1 is still also a good starting tensor rubber). So you made a good choice to start with that.

When I open my Rasanter R47, green, and put it on a blade, I will let you all know. :) :)

• Love
Reactions: FrenchFrog33
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I have played a lot with Rakza 7 2mm and R48. They are similar but I think R48 is a little faster. I know I prefer Rakza 7. It is the spin to speed ratio that I like, but maybe that is because I have played with Rakza 7 for so long.

In a world where Rakza 7 didn't exist, I know I could adapt to play with R48. That include R47 or R45.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
I should just stick with R7 and practice, practice, practice!!!
That is the best idea in most cases.

Rakza 7 is a good "allround" rubber, which I don´t mean as a general categorization but within the field of an offensive rubber. It does everything well, nothing stands out.
The Rasanter rubbers, especially the ones with the Energy Cell sponge, are a step ahead in terms of power and spin. Even the softest variant R45 nearly rivals the performance of the R48. Of course you might find the extra power helpful in some situations, and a problem in others.
If you want to try Rasanter, better start with R47 oder V47. They resemble Rakza 7 more than the EC variants, and you might find them equally controllable. But if there´s no issue with Rakza as such, see your own quote above ;-)