Confidence in game, after changing equipment

This user has no status.
Hi everyone!

I've recently changed equipment (3 weeks ago, around 10h a week). This new equipment is much faster than the one I was using before, and although in practice, when I ask one of my friends to block or do drills with me I can confidently send rockets after rockets (getting the sweet oh sweet click from Hurricane), but during games I find myself being able to counter topspin, but when my opponent just simply start blocking I break down, and send poor quality balls, which makes them even easier to block. I haven't had that issue before, although I usually change equipment around once a year (when the league is over).

If this helps I was using W968 copy (Yinhe North korean team special), with 39deg BS H3 NEO on fh and 37deg H3 NEO on bh. I do use booster.

Are there any drills that you would recommend to gain the confidence?
How long would you say it would take me to fix this issue? (soon I'll be able to play around 15h a week, the league is starting in around 6 weeks, so I'm wondering if I should use this setup or switch back to the trusted one)

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
during games I find myself being able to counter topspin, but when my opponent just simply start blocking I break down, and send poor quality balls
maybe your muscle memory is geared up to reply to a topspin shot but when the opponent just blocks, the return ball might get you without too much topspin and you might not be used to this.??????????
If you think there might be any value in my comment, you might consider to train this with a friend who could give you a series of top spin shots immediately followed by a series of blocked shots etc etc etc .
Alternatively a good robot could do that.

Reactions: kindof99
This user has no status.
I would say don't feel the need to hit hard on every shot. Just throw in some slow spinny balls and wait for a nice return that you can hit cleanly. Play a bit slower and setup your shots.

BTW what the name of the W968 copy? I don't think i've seen this before? How is this blade?
Thanks, I'll try that next time I play.

The W968 copy is Yinhe Ham Yu Song, I bought it off my friend who got it from China, it virtually impossible to find it without using baidu. Compare to W968, it has more of that "dong" sound and empty core feeling, it's not as fast, it's pretty much a more woody W968.

BTW the RRP is around 2000RMB, but usually gets reduced to 1500RMB ish, so wouldn't say its worth going for it as prov. W968 would be a better deal IMO

Attachments

• 1692738442863.jpeg
    1692738442863.jpeg
    237.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 1692738471777.jpeg
    1692738471777.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 6
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Thanks, I'll try that next time I play.

The W968 copy is Yinhe Ham Yu Song, I bought it off my friend who got it from China, it virtually impossible to find it without using baidu. Compare to W968, it has more of that "dong" sound and empty core feeling, it's not as fast, it's pretty much a more woody W968.

BTW the RRP is around 2000RMB, but usually gets reduced to 1500RMB ish, so wouldn't say its worth going for it as prov. W968 would be a better deal IMO
Here is a video from my point:

See how I hit a few soft but safe shots before I see an opening and then hit the hard forehand loop.