Def setup

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Hi, I would like to ask you for an advice. Currently I am using a more offensive oriented setup (Primorac off- with tenergy 05 both sides). I am thinking of buying a more defence / allround oriented one 😊 Can you give some suggestions? I would prefer something from butterfly / yasaka as I have those near my house. Thank you in advance for all the suggestions!

ZFT

This user has no status.

ZFT

This user has no status.
Dec 2021
If you want to go with the above suggestion of changing rubber, Bty Rozena or Yasaka Rakza 7 would naturally slow the game down, as when you are attacked you won’t feel the need to defend so actively/forcefully so to overcome your opponents spin - as T05 is so spin sensitive.

Also short game is more controllable and you won’t feel pressure to try to get in first all the time - this in itself lends your strategy to being more safer/higher percentage, allround orientated.

If you must absolutely insist on change of blade then Yasaka Extra would be a suggestion. Not the 3D version as the slits flexes the blade and it becomes more of a topspin looping blade. You can look up Jean Phillipe Gatien who used Extra 3D to great effect in the early-mid 90’s.

Reactions: dajdosta
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
What rubbers do you suggest? I also have grubba all blade from butterfly (primorac is 20 years or so :) )

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019
Grubba is one the slowest blades.
Between that one and Primorac I believe you should find one that will suit your play.
Regarding rubbers there are hundreds of them, I don't know where to start. ZFT recommendations are good. There are even slower rubbers from Butterfly/Yasaka but would be to slow maybe.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022

The Butterfly Petr Korbel sounds exactly what your looking for. I have one on order and am excited to try it. From reviews and research I believe it to be an excellent blade for all around play. I'm not familiar with the primoracs (I would assume some layers of carbon) but the korbel is all wood meaning more vibration and feel. Mine is coming with tenergy 05 fh and 19 on back hand. As for rubbers ZFT already mentioned it but Rozena or Rakza 7 would be ideal. Rozena was basically made for the korbel. Butterfly actually sells premade korbels with max Rozena on both sides for all around play, and reviews suggest people love them. As for Rakza 7 I have ordered a few sheets for people at my club and they do seem to enjoy it. It again appears to be a very balanced rubber good at everything not excellent at one. Get a thinner sponge if you want more control (1.5-1.9) or thicker if you want more power (2-Max)

Good luck!
-Norm

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019

The Butterfly Petr Korbel sounds exactly what your looking for. I have one on order and am excited to try it. From reviews and research I believe it to be an excellent blade for all around play. I'm not familiar with the primoracs (I would assume some layers of carbon) but the korbel is all wood meaning more vibration and feel. Mine is coming with tenergy 05 fh and 19 on back hand. As for rubbers ZFT already mentioned it but Rozena or Rakza 7 would be ideal. Rozena was basically made for the korbel. Butterfly actually sells premade korbels with max Rozena on both sides for all around play, and reviews suggest people love them. As for Rakza 7 I have ordered a few sheets for people at my club and they do seem to enjoy it. It again appears to be a very balanced rubber good at everything not excellent at one. Get a thinner sponge if you want more control (1.5-1.9) or thicker if you want more power (2-Max)

Good luck!
-Norm

No, no.
Korbel is faster blade than Primorac and Grubba.
The intent is slowing down so no need to buy new blade if these blades are in good condition.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022

No, no.
Korbel is faster blade than Primorac and Grubba.
The intent is slowing down so no need to buy new blade if these blades are in good condition.

I stand corrected. I read primorac and just assumed it was a carbon layered rocket considering op is looking for a slower all around. If that's the case I agree with dajdosta that your blade seems fit for the job your describing. Don't know anything about grubba but there's an old guy at my club who uses a yasaka sweeper. It seems like a good all-round with a more def orientated composition. He basically just pushes and will only ever attack if a ball goes long to the fh. I still stand by Rozena and Rakza 7.

-Cheers

says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Hi, I would like to ask you for an advice. Currently I am using a more offensive oriented setup (Primorac off- with tenergy 05 both sides). I am thinking of buying a more defence / allround oriented one 😊 Can you give some suggestions? I would prefer something from butterfly / yasaka as I have those near my house. Thank you in advance for all the suggestions!
Have you tried the T05 on the Grubba??

Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
No I haven't tried. Aren't T05 too fast?
It depends on what you see as being too fast, are balls going long, off the table? If so by how much? in a general sense, 300mm long, 600mm long??

Is it really a control issue rather than solely speed?

Is it a technique issue??

we usually ask for some footage of you playing, to see what sort of level you play at, before advising.
T05 is a top end rubber and is best used by players that have reached a good standard of play and consistency.

The difference between your Primorac and Grubba may not be huge, but try the T05 on the Grubba, take one sheet off the Primorac and stick it on the Grubba. Then you’ll get a very good comparison between the 2 blades with the same rubber on them.

Then you’ll see how ‘speed’ relates to the length of your shots on different blades. Which is just a good thing to do, regardless!!