Glayzer 09c vs Hybrid K3

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Hi guys,

I have the choice to buy the Tibhar Hybrid K3 or the Butterfly Glayzer 09c for the forehand. We don't have anything else available here so I'm only looking for these two.

I know that the K3 is faster, a bit tackier and generally has better performance.

What I don't know is which one has better durability, is the Glayzer like normal Butterfly rubbers? Is the K3 similar?

Another question I have is about the throw angle and catapult, how do they compare?

One more thing, how does the feel compare? The Glayzer and Dignics have the Classic Butterfly feel, but what about the K3? Does it feel like a European rubber?

Here the Glayzers are 45€ and the K3 is 65€. Is the K3 worth it?

Backhand will be normal Glayzer, I love its feel.

Blade is Stiga Azalea Offensive, softer and lighter version of Stiga Infinity, somewhere between Offensive Classic and Infinity.

Reactions: M.Hoang
says I buy too much equipment
says I buy too much equipment
Jul 2019
Glayzer 09c has better durability for sure. But the K3's performance is a lot better imo. Glayzer 09c is slow and to me doesn't have that much spin. I much prefer the regular Glayzer over the 09c (better speed and similar spin while I feel like it bites the ball better.) K3 outperforms both though but loses it's quality relatively fast.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Glayzer 09c has better durability for sure. But the K3's performance is a lot better imo. Glayzer 09c is slow and to me doesn't have that much spin. I much prefer the regular Glayzer over the 09c (better speed and similar spin while I feel like it bites the ball better.) K3 outperforms both though but loses it's quality relatively fast.
I second that. The surface of Glayzer 09c is very mildly tacky. I can run my finger over it but yet the ball is not that spinny. I don't quite get it.

Dignic 09c is definitely spinny.

I also prefer regular Glayzer over Glayzer 09c.

In other words, I would also pick K3 as well.

I played t05 but want more grip and similar performance regarding the spin. Also I want the throw angle to be as high as the t05, which is closer from your experience, g09c, k3 or normal glayzer?

And how are they all for countering?
You won’t get that with G09C, but it’s a great match with Glayser on FH. What You will get is bigger marginals on the slow game. It has plenty of spin but You have to work harder for it. But it can not fire the canon balls that T05 can.

Cheers
L-zr

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
You won’t get that with G09C, but it’s a great match with Glayser on FH. What You will get is bigger marginals on the slow game. It has plenty of spin but You have to work harder for it. But it can not fire the canon balls that T05 can.

Cheers
L-zr
What about throw angle? I'm used to t05, how's the glayzer and 09c comparatively?

T05 is a little higher.
Glazer and G09C is similar to each other. I don’t think much about this, it’s easy for me to adjust as long as the blade is not too fast.
But coming from T05 you may perceive the Glazers a bit lame.

Cheers
L-zr