Joola Rossi Emotion or Nittaku S-cz ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Looking for a "recreational carbon blade": not too fast, not too slow not too hard, not too bouncy, with good dwell and spin, great feel and most important - fun to play with.
My Acoustic blades will most probably stay as my main blades though.
Please discuss.

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
I used the rossi emotion following on from the aruna off which was very similar in composite - between both I used 3-4 years. For me the feeling with the hinoki top layer is great, the blade overall is more of a soft carbon style, it’s like an all wood feeling with a bit more bite in it. I loved to play with that blade it had a really good balance of spin and control which was great for touch shots, inside out loops and chopblocks etc.

Reactions: Wrighty67 and S-Pin
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I used the rossi emotion following on from the aruna off which was very similar in composite - between both I used 3-4 years. For me the feeling with the hinoki top layer is great, the blade overall is more of a soft carbon style, it’s like an all wood feeling with a bit more bite in it. I loved to play with that blade it had a really good balance of spin and control which was great for touch shots, inside out loops and chopblocks etc.
Looks like a good match with harder tacky rubbers like Rakza Z / Z extra hard

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Played with Sanwei HC-5S/RakzaZ yesterday for a bit and actually it wasn't bad at all. Very spinny, very controlled, very not too fast. HC-5S is a cheap but well made blade and seems to have a very similar to JRE hinoki/ koto/soft carbon/ayous composition. The feel was crispy soft for what it's worth.

What is soft carbon???