Looking for new pair of Table tennis shoes size 46,5-48EUR slim feet

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Hi guys,

As the title already says looking for very light shoes where the upper part of the shoe should be of high quality since I try to play on my tip toes. I also have problems and I am getting blisters.
Any recommendations for big foots like me?

I ordered the butterfly LEZOLINE RIFONES 46EUR turns out they are 0,5 just too small and it might be just me but it gets quite hot quite fast. Just by wearing them.

I heard mizuno drive 8 is good and that there is a new version drive 9.
Other than that my findings are that my currently used
- Wilson indoor shoes are heavy (860g pair) -> very comfortable, but it weighs a lot and I realized that when I wear a lighter shoe again. I could move much faster. Best grips. Makes very loud "squeech" sound when moving around, if you know what I mean.
- Asics Upcourt 4 (720g) -> I like it a lot how breathable they are and it also weighs less. But its not durable specially from the inside.
- nike lunar gato (619g) -> yes yes its my indoor football shoe, but switching from Wilson to this one was like day and night. I gave up comfort for having a much lighter shoe and I feel like my footwork has improved a lot just by that simple weight change. This is why I am looking for a lighter more comfortable table tennis shoe that doesn´t get hot and has good stability specially in the tiptoe region.
The Lezoline Rifones I would need to order one size bigger (47) I think since I can feel the tiptoe hitting the shoe. But as I said it gets hot. Weighs pretty much the same so the weight would be perfect.

So I am quite confused what to do right now and hope you can help me out.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Do you really feel that much difference with 300g added on the shoes? I have the rifones and i'm surprised you say you get hot - they are pretty breathable shoes.
Either that or my wilson are very high and I was just generally lower and didnt have to get any extra lower for the shots compared to the "lighter" and at the same time lower shoes of nike. Tbh the sound is kind of disturbing. I realized the lezoline dont make that sound with the same movement. But yeah I had both butterfly pairs on and it got hot so I put my asics and wilson back on, on one side and butterfly on the other. And my butterfly ones would get hot and the other 2(wilson, asic) not. The Asic one got a hole in both sides on the heels, because of the constant friction I suppose. I sadly don´t remember how long I was wearing them, so it could be normal.
How often should you get new pairs of shoes if you train for 2h 5x a week? I got the wilsons for 1 year now but still looks pretty good. The nike shoes loses grip and I have to go over with my hand so it gets grippy again which started to annoy me. Even though I just played maybe 20 times(max) for 2h this entire year (football).

I am pretty tall 196cm so the heel height seems to be very important to me and if its lighter at the same time why not... We can feel 5g difference with the hand so why not the 300g difference with the shoes?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
In my case I found actual size of Mizuno Drive 8 being 1 unit larger than one would expect. I use EU sizes.
I am looking at the JP size which is in cm as you know. But found out on Asics I have 29,5cm that fits perfectly and with Wilson and Nike I got 31cm and anything smaller wouldnt fit.. I am super confused now which size to order them in. Also figured my old upcourt 4 shoes are not really good for table tennis. So I want to give those gel Rockets 11 and Asics a chance again.

Reactions: jbvttcc