New blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022
Hej guys,

I have never really been a blade guy, i always mainly focused on the rubbers and have the feeling i found my ideal combo with ELP and R42.
Right now my blade is a donic waldner senso carbon blade, which i chose a few years ago for the control.

I'm thinking about getting something a bit faster and higher quality since i have developed a lot last years as a player and think i'm ready for something different.
Right know i'm doubting between the XIOM icecream AZXI and the Tibhar fortine performance .

What do you guys think?
Thanks as always for the help!!!

Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
I've just done some research, and the Xiom icecream may not be the best choice for control. It is an outer carbon with koto layers, which minimises the vibration, and with less vibration there is less feeling, therefore less control. It is also a duo carbon with ZLC on forehand and ALC on backhand. Outer ZLC's are very fast, and the different feelings on both sides may not be best for control.

The Tibhar Fortine Performace is also very fast. It is 9 ply(very unusual) and i guess its an inner carbon?(its the 2nd ply closest to the core, and 3rd to the top). The thing about this though is that it will be fast, heavy, and even more head heavy. Also thick. Maybe not the best option. Will feel dissimilar to Waldner Senso.

Now onto my recommendations. 7 ply inner carbons. ALC's are better. They provide stability in short game and speed yet control in the looping game.

Ovtcharov ALC is good. Provides control in every situation, and speed on topspins. Downside though is that it is a little thick and head heavy. But if you are willing to get a 9 ply then it will feel fine.

Harimoto ALC. Same is Ovtcharov but a bit thinner and bigger. This therefore is a bit slower(but still fast) on the allround playing.

Innerforce ALC. Is the original(and the cheapest). Very good for allround but attacking play. Very stable on blocking and topspins, both loops and counters. Can feel slow or fast, depends how you want to play with it.

Last recommendation , 7 play all wood eg. Korbel SK7(Kristian Karlsson uses this). Can provide speed and control when playing with it. Excellent for any type of amateur play as it provides lots of feeling therefore control. Ma long used a Nittaku Acoustic once so i hear.

Reactions: Choosikick
says On a never ending EJ journey
says On a never ending EJ journey
Jun 2023
I've just done some research, and the Xiom icecream may not be the best choice for control. It is an outer carbon with koto layers, which minimises the vibration, and with less vibration there is less feeling, therefore less control. It is also a duo carbon with ZLC on forehand and ALC on backhand. Outer ZLC's are very fast, and the different feelings on both sides may not be best for control.

The Tibhar Fortine Performace is also very fast. It is 9 ply(very unusual) and i guess its an inner carbon?(its the 2nd ply closest to the core, and 3rd to the top). The thing about this though is that it will be fast, heavy, and even more head heavy. Also thick. Maybe not the best option. Will feel dissimilar to Waldner Senso.

Now onto my recommendations. 7 ply inner carbons. ALC's are better. They provide stability in short game and speed yet control in the looping game.

Ovtcharov ALC is good. Provides control in every situation, and speed on topspins. Downside though is that it is a little thick and head heavy. But if you are willing to get a 9 ply then it will feel fine.

Harimoto ALC. Same is Ovtcharov but a bit thinner and bigger. This therefore is a bit slower(but still fast) on the allround playing.

Innerforce ALC. Is the original(and the cheapest). Very good for allround but attacking play. Very stable on blocking and topspins, both loops and counters. Can feel slow or fast, depends how you want to play with it.

Last recommendation , 7 play all wood eg. Korbel SK7(Kristian Karlsson uses this). Can provide speed and control when playing with it. Excellent for any type of amateur play as it provides lots of feeling therefore control. Ma long used a Nittaku Acoustic once so i hear.
He's talking about AZXi. It's an inner carbon blade. I have it, it's not bad and unique that you can use the same rubber on both sides but still have different playing characteristics.

Would recommend Hina Hayata H2 or TMXi Pro.

This user has no status.
He's talking about AZXi. It's an inner carbon blade. I have it, it's not bad and unique that you can use the same rubber on both sides but still have different playing characteristics.

Would recommend Hina Hayata H2 or TMXi Pro.
Thanks for clarifying! I missed the AZXi bit. Now that i know its an inner duo carbon, I'm a bit more interested about it. Might get it for myself😎

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Hej guys,

I have never really been a blade guy, i always mainly focused on the rubbers and have the feeling i found my ideal combo with ELP and R42.
Right now my blade is a donic waldner senso carbon blade, which i chose a few years ago for the control.

I'm thinking about getting something a bit faster and higher quality since i have developed a lot last years as a player and think i'm ready for something different.
Right know i'm doubting between the XIOM icecream AZXI and the Tibhar fortine performance .

What do you guys think?
Thanks as always for the help!!!
I have Tibhar Fortino Performance. I really really like it. It is not my main blade right now. The best way to describe it is, it is like Tibhar Stratus Power Wood but faster with the same amount of control. It is an inner blade. It is relatively light. It is only 6.3mm thick.

I would highly recommend it.

I have a donic waldner senso carbon blade. It does not have any rubber on it. I just don't like the blade. It has a hallow carbon sound when you hit it but yet it is not that fast. I don't know how to describe it. I just don't like it.

Now is Tibhar Fortino Performance faster than donic waldner senso carbon blade. I don't know. That is debatable.

I just can tell you I enjoy the touch and the feel of Tibhar Fortino Performance better than donic waldner senso carbon blade. Tibhar Fortino Performance is definitely affordable (esp if you get a bunch of club mates together to buy $350 of stuff on TT11, you will get 30% off!) and is inner carbon for sure.

I try not to comment on items I have not personally tried.