New Stiga Blade: [Cybershape] Carbon Soft Touch

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Member
Oct 2025
113
70
206
So, this instagram post popped up, announcing a softer carbon blade from Stiga.

Basically a very light 5+2 blade with balsa core and Koto top layer. Now, it sounds like he’s saying outer carbon, but I suspect he means just outside the core. Because, comparing the normal Cybershape Carbon and the new Carbon Soft Touch, I truly cannot see any layer between the core and the carbon. What do you think?

In any case, maybe a very interesting blade indeed, if it’s as controlled as Stiga states.
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Member
Oct 2025
113
70
206
Having read up a bit on balsa, the opinions seem very divided. Is it true that it is more non-linear and less predictable? Or would that be nullified by the carbon? And it seems to be regarded a very stiff material, which could seem like the opposite of what a “soft carbon” blade should be?

Nevertheless it piques my interest, especially the weight. What do you guys think? Has Stiga done a swing-and-amiss, or finally nailed a softer inner carbon blade?
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Member
Feb 2024
431
331
1,006
Having read up a bit on balsa, the opinions seem very divided. Is it true that it is more non-linear and less predictable?
Typically that's true. Balsa blades are non linear and stiff. I'd stay away from balsa cores, unless you need the braking effect for long pips. Or you really need a light blade.
 
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Member
Jan 2016
218
268
575
Anybody tested the blade?
This American Stiga Ambassador(so take whatever he says with a grain of salt ;)), Nathan Britt, did a quite thorough test and review of many of the Stiga blades, Carbon Soft Touch included. Look him up at youtube. If I remember correctly he loved the Carbon Soft Touch close to the table, but thought it was too weak a few steps back.
 
  • Like
Reactions: kolzgut
This user has no status.
I can't be sure but it looks very like the blade on the pre-made pro-carbon+ bat. That's got a balsa core and is very light. The pricing is also about right for it to be that. I used the pre-made for a while after I got back into playing and It's ok as a first carbon blade, decent control and not too fast. This may be aimed at that market - start with the pre-made and then get the same blade clean so you can customise.
 
Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
New Member
Jul 2024
4
2
9
I guess I had to try it and feel the difference with my Cybershape Allround Classic.

Blade is lighter, thanks to the balsa core. Mine is 76g with the blade sealed. Before switching to Cybershape Allround, I was using Tibhar Chila OFF, Fastarcs G1 (2mm, 1.8mm), so I decided to pair the CarbonSoft Touch with the same rubbers as I really liked the combination Balsa Core / G1.

I did a 3 hrs session yesterday; not too heavy, not too light to me. Amazing when it comes to control/speed balance. Short game is comfortable, blocks and aggressive blocks are so easy (easier than Allround Classic or the Chila OFF). Top / Countertops feel also incredible safe at all distance.

In my opinion, and because I prefer placement at pure speed, the speed is more than enough far from the table and like Nathan Britt said on his video, you can't really miss when you are mid-istance or close! Balls stay on the table - it is almost if the table is bigger lol -.

Looping close to the table is just effortless and feels super safe. Mid-distance is good honestly, at least the pairing with G1s gives me plenty of speed and I'm not even using MAX. Sure, you have to put a bit more into your swing compared to outer-carbon blades, but the trade-off is totally worth it in my opinion!

Serves and pushes are just as comfortable as with the Allround Classic, letting me keep things low right over the net without second-guessing my touch, and the easy ball placement is my favorite things close to the table with this blade.

Now compared to the Allround Classic, it feels almost as controllable with a significant step-up on speed, blocks, and countertops. (When I will have time, I will compare it with the Wavy Cybershape ;) )
2.jpg
 
Top