Next step after Xiom Allround S > Offensive S or Ignito or other not Xiom blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
If you are comfortable with the grip then get an Offensive S. The vibration should be a lot less since the thickness is 6.0+mm and it'll be about 5-10g heavier. 5.5mm is way thin and flexy for the new ball. I found the 5.7mm thickness of a Nittaku Accoustic problematic for the same reasons.

The speed should be a significant step up.

This user has no status.
maybe shoot @hipnotic a shot,he makes beautiful blades.
the main point would be switching to a blade with Carbon layer (greater leap) or maybe a 7ply allwoood with harder stiffness (speed etc).
There are a myriad of options out there,if you are happy with your xiom the offensive S would be the simplest upgrade.
Welcome to the jungle:)
I have also a Nittaku Bawell Fleet like composition from @hipnotic ,like Turbozed we seem to like Nittaku Blades.)

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
Ignito will be a massively different blade, after all it is a thick and very stiff 3 wood 2 carbon. The feeling is relatively mild because the carbon is buried underneath a decently thick veneer of a very soft wood, but the speed is much higher than that of a regular 5 ply wood and it plays much stiffer. I think Offensive S is fine, but you can also consider Solo for something a bit sharper feeling and more stable than OffS.

This user has no status.
Ignito will be a massively different blade, after all it is a thick and very stiff 3 wood 2 carbon. The feeling is relatively mild because the carbon is buried underneath a decently thick veneer of a very soft wood, but the speed is much higher than that of a regular 5 ply wood and it plays much stiffer. I think Offensive S is fine, but you can also consider Solo for something a bit sharper feeling and more stable than OffS.
Will it be difficult to use the Ignito with the Vega Pro? Would this combination be very fast or would I still want to look at an all wood blade without carbon? Why I ask, I want to understand if every player ends up using a carbon blade, whether it is worth having an intermediate experience with a completely all wood blade or to switch to a carbon blade immediately. Confusing is the fact that most players play with carbon blades.
Or should i choose Solo with Vega pro, will it have enough speed for modern tt game?

Last edited:
Jul 2014
Will it be difficult to use the Ignito with the Vega Pro? Would this combination be very fast or would I still want to look at an all wood blade without carbon? Why I ask, I want to understand if every player ends up using a carbon blade, whether it is worth having an intermediate experience with a completely all wood blade or to switch to a carbon blade immediately. Confusing is the fact that most players play with carbon blades.
Or should i choose Solo with Vega pro, will it have enough speed for modern tt game?
Difficulty is subjective. AllS and Ignito are on completely different ends of the spectrum when it comes to construction and behavior. I don't think it is a bad thing to test carbon, after all it is the most ideal situation to test firsthand in order to gauge compatibility. But seeing as you have not even played with an offensive class allwood blade yet, I think it is an important reference point to have before trying a carbon blade. I also do not think Ignito is as suitable for someone's first carbon blade experience, it is very thick and very stiff, if you want to try a carbon blade from Xiom I would suggest the Feel AX or Stradivarius, they are thinner and more flexible than Ignito with mixed fiber composite that gives a softer and less harsh feeling than that in Ignito. I still think Offensive S or Solo will be more than enough to serve its purpose, they will be noticeably more solid and quicker than an allround class blade, but if you try those and find they still are not as suitable, you can have more confidence in seeing if you like carbon better.

Reactions: vadym_nastoiashchyi
This user has no status.
Difficulty is subjective. AllS and Ignito are on completely different ends of the spectrum when it comes to construction and behavior. I don't think it is a bad thing to test carbon, after all it is the most ideal situation to test firsthand in order to gauge compatibility. But seeing as you have not even played with an offensive class allwood blade yet, I think it is an important reference point to have before trying a carbon blade. I also do not think Ignito is as suitable for someone's first carbon blade experience, it is very thick and very stiff, if you want to try a carbon blade from Xiom I would suggest the Feel AX or Stradivarius, they are thinner and more flexible than Ignito with mixed fiber composite that gives a softer and less harsh feeling than that in Ignito. I still think Offensive S or Solo will be more than enough to serve its purpose, they will be noticeably more solid and quicker than an allround class blade, but if you try those and find they still are not as suitable, you can have more confidence in seeing if you like carbon better.
Guys any thoughts about:

Tibhar Balsa Fibre Off 60​

Tibhar Balsa Fibretec 75​

Will it be a good combination instead of fast carbon blades after my xiom allround s?
What about vibration and speed with xiom vega europe/pro in comparison with xiom solo?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Guys any thoughts about:

Tibhar Balsa Fibre Off 60​

Tibhar Balsa Fibretec 75​

Will it be a good combination instead of fast carbon blades after my xiom allround s?
What about vibration and speed with xiom vega europe/pro in comparison with xiom solo?

Why did you choose those two blades to consider? They are very light and very thick and wouldn't be a next step but a totally diffrerent route.

Jul 2014
Thank’s
And the last question:

Tibhar Stratus Power Wood ?​

P.S. Thanks for your help guys!!!!!
I like this blade a lot, but it is basically the same blade as the Xiom Offensive S just with a slightly different head shape and size. Heavier overall weight than OffS because the headsize is bigger, but better balance as SPW handle is larger.

This user has no status.
I like this blade a lot, but it is basically the same blade as the Xiom Offensive S just with a slightly different head shape and size. Heavier overall weight than OffS because the headsize is bigger, but better balance as SPW handle is larger.
How controllable is it? In comparison with offensive s/solo. And what about vibration/speed?
Will it be good with vega pro?
Thanks in advance)

Last edited:
Jul 2014
SPW/OffS/Solo will be similar to the AllS but upgraded. They are stiffer, harder feeling, more solid/less vibration, higher speed blades than AllS. Should work fine with VP. Solo is different in behavior to SPW/OffS, the 5 ply blades have a bit more flex that IMO gives them a higher arc and more springy behavior from the flexing of the blade, but they are not quite as stable and direct as Solo.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Thanks guys for the help.
I made a choice towards the racket:

Tibhar Stratus Power Wood​

Good. It's pretty much the same exact blade as an Offensive S, but you get to try a different handle style and a different brand for novelty.