Nittaku Acoustic users

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Hi ,
I played with the same and really liked it.
1. However just wanted to know which rubbers suit the best on this ?
2.how does it compare to NAC - inner in terms of speed and feel ?
3. is it ok to go first on the -All-wood first and then upgrade to Inner one ?
4. Outer - difficult to judge unless I try someone else

Thanks for the sharing

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Hi ,
I played with the same and really liked it.
1. However just wanted to know which rubbers suit the best on this ?
2.how does it compare to NAC - inner in terms of speed and feel ?
3. is it ok to go first on the -All-wood first and then upgrade to Inner one ?
4. Outer - difficult to judge unless I try someone else

Thanks for the sharing
First of all, what is your style? Unless we know your style, it is hard to suggest any rubbers on it.

I do not have Acoustic. I do not have a Acoustic inner carbon either.

However, I do have an Acoustic outer carbon. It is very fast. When I used to have T05fx on the FH and T64fx on the BH, the ball would just fly right off. No feeling whatsoever. It is feeling a lot better now with Hurricane 3 on the FH and Xiom Vega Europe on the BH. Is it my favorite blade? No. Can I play with it now after toning it down with the right rubber? Yes. Do I like it? Yes when I need a very fast set up. Would I get Acoustic outer carbon again? No. Not for that much money. Kudo's to Mima Ito who was able to tame that beast.

I would like to try Acoustic inner carbon one of these days but I don't want to break the bank for now.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
First of all, what is your style? Unless we know your style, it is hard to suggest any rubbers on it.

I do not have Acoustic. I do not have a Acoustic inner carbon either.

However, I do have an Acoustic outer carbon. It is very fast. When I used to have T05fx on the FH and T64fx on the BH, the ball would just fly right off. No feeling whatsoever. It is feeling a lot better now with Hurricane 3 on the FH and Xiom Vega Europe on the BH. Is it my favorite blade? No. Can I play with it now after toning it down with the right rubber? Yes. Do I like it? Yes when I need a very fast set up. Would I get Acoustic outer carbon again? No. Not for that much money. Kudo's to Mima Ito who was able to tame that beast.

I would like to try Acoustic inner carbon one of these days but I don't want to break the bank for now.
typical - FH dominated style , It was really helpful to understand outer carbon experience, I anticipated it and hence thinking between wood and inner only. still bit inclined towards inner, however did not tried it

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
I own an Accoustic all wood version and have just ordered inner carbon. Inner carbon would reach in about 10days time and I can get back to this thread with my feedback

On the Acoustic all wood version, I have been playing with R47 max on both sides.
One of the best blades in terms of feeling and sweetspot. I believe it can go well with any rubbers (Chineese/ ESN)

The reason why I ordered inner carbon is because I would want to retain feeling, from the all wood version and get that extra kick coming from the carbon.My style is more spin and control based than speed.

PS: The Inner carbon was on weekly discount last week in TT11. This was another important factor lol ! If it wasn't on the discounted products , would I have bought it ? NO , not worth the extra cost

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
I play with acoustic LG for half a year constantly and it has become my main blade now. I've had it for three years already, but the forehand was somewhat off. I couldn't find a suitable rubber. Then I switched to boosted h3 41° and it turned out to be the one. It has very high throw, there's so much fun hit-looping backspin with it, it's cracking sound is incredible. A little more effort is needed than, say, hinoki+tenergy (in this respect I like very much xiom's zettro quad with tenergy and especially ZX3 with tenergy again), but the short game is so much less nervous.

This blade has great backhand and I put baracuda, rakza 7, t19 — everything one thickness below max — all those rubbers used to work well. I settled with T05 even @1.7mm and it's really great: I retain control near the table (short and long pushes, bananas are all very spinny and precise) and when I step away I add power hitting more into the blade (more driving). This gear switch is seamless, because the flexibility of the blade compensates for the thin rubber. A special mention deserves the backhand block: it's just automatic, on par or better than viscaria or mizutani. Way better than Apollonia, for example.

The blade is fast even with h3 (it's boosted but still), albeit I can imagine that it will not have penetrating power against higher level players. For those on my level it's enough. It's itching to try acoustic inner carbon with the same rubbers (I've seen people saying "it's EXACTLY like all-wood just faster"), but I managed to resist so far.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Verdict: dont get Acoustic outer carbon.

It was in 2019 when I got Acoustic outer carbon. No inner carbon back then.

Do I regret it? Well, I have one hell of a fast blade in my stock just in case I need one hell of a fast blade.

Obviously I have moved onto other carbon blades that are of the right speed, not too fast and not too lsow, so I don't have the urge to buy Acoustic inner carbon. And for a 5-ply wood, yes I have heard the regular Acoutic without carbon is a wonderful blade, but for that price, I have plenty of other all wood blades that I like for less than half or a third of the price such as Tibhar Stratus Power Wood, Tibhar Samsonov, both blue and black version, Donic Persson Powerplay, Neottec Revolution, just to name a few that are in my collection.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I play with acoustic LG for half a year constantly and it has become my main blade now. I've had it for three years already, but the forehand was somewhat off. I couldn't find a suitable rubber. Then I switched to boosted h3 41° and it turned out to be the one. It has very high throw, there's so much fun hit-looping backspin with it, it's cracking sound is incredible. A little more effort is needed than, say, hinoki+tenergy (in this respect I like very much xiom's zettro quad with tenergy and especially ZX3 with tenergy again), but the short game is so much less nervous.

This blade has great backhand and I put baracuda, rakza 7, t19 — everything one thickness below max — all those rubbers used to work well. I settled with T05 even @1.7mm and it's really great: I retain control near the table (short and long pushes, bananas are all very spinny and precise) and when I step away I add power hitting more into the blade (more driving). This gear switch is seamless, because the flexibility of the blade compensates for the thin rubber. A special mention deserves the backhand block: it's just automatic, on par or better than viscaria or mizutani. Way better than Apollonia, for example.

The blade is fast even with h3 (it's boosted but still), albeit I can imagine that it will not have penetrating power against higher level players. For those on my level it's enough. It's itching to try acoustic inner carbon with the same rubbers (I've seen people saying "it's EXACTLY like all-wood just faster"), but I managed to resist so far.
interesting - to note that it is fast even with hr boosted.
high level players - it might hv less winners - could be - hence NAC inner could be an option, however not sure about the feel it will retain of acoustic wood.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I own an Accoustic all wood version and have just ordered inner carbon. Inner carbon would reach in about 10days time and I can get back to this thread with my feedback

On the Acoustic all wood version, I have been playing with R47 max on both sides.
One of the best blades in terms of feeling and sweetspot. I believe it can go well with any rubbers (Chineese/ ESN)

The reason why I ordered inner carbon is because I would want to retain feeling, from the all wood version and get that extra kick coming from the carbon.My style is more spin and control based than speed.

PS: The Inner carbon was on weekly discount last week in TT11. This was another important factor lol ! If it wasn't on the discounted products , would I have bought it ? NO , not worth the extra cost
I also saw that sale - but was undecided about inner version, so missed it

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018

did u played with Acoustic inner? your feedback?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
Yes, i have just played for about 1 -2 hours. Here is my initial feedback:
1. Feeling is reduced by about 20-30 % than all wood acoustic
2. Speed is pretty much the same.

Based on my usage, i would infer that outer carbon would be fast with lesser feeling

I will continue using the inner carbon for some more time and in tournaments to get a final understanding.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023

Based on my usage, i would infer that outer carbon would be fast with lesser feeling

I will continue using the inner carbon for some more time and in tournaments to get a final understanding.
Are your blades the same weight?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018

Thats wierd, as per other reviews, speed does increase. But if you are seeing less speed increase. then whats the benefit?
were the rubbers same?

Which H3 41 did you use and like?
Blue/ orange, commercial, prov, national?

I had an acoustic inner carbon that I bought used and sold for about the same price. It seemed way to fast for me in a match although it was fun to practice with. I do like my current all wood acoustic with skyline 3 prov blue 39. I'm considering h3 prov blue 40 next.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
Which H3 41 did you use and like?
Blue/ orange, commercial, prov, national?

I had an acoustic inner carbon that I bought used and sold for about the same price. It seemed way to fast for me in a match although it was fun to practice with. I do like my current all wood acoustic with skyline 3 prov blue 39. I'm considering h3 prov blue 40 next.
It was provincial orange sponge + 3 layers of haifu yellow oil.

Reactions: Marc
says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I judge the speed by how much further the ball goes for a similar stroke. In this instance a FH top spin or BH top spin, for the inner carbon the ball landed around 450 - 600mm further than the all wood.
The all wood feeling was only slightly muted.
I have the large handle versions of all wood and inner carbon. From memory the rubbers used were Rakza Z / Z EH

Reactions: Marc