Nittaku Fastarc C-1 vs P-1

I have been using a 2.0mm Fastarc G1 for FH and 2.0mm Fastarc P1 for BH on a Viscaria SALC and so far I am finding positive results. G1 stays on my FH fs but I will upgrade it to MAX thickness. However, on my backhand, the P1 feels a little bouncy in the short game and I suck at the short game. But I am loving the speed of the rubber whenever I backhand drive, loop and block, thought maybe I could use a bit more spin but it is good enough. I heard that C1 is better in the short game but lacks speed and spin compared to P1 and G1. Would like to hear some thoughts about P1 and C1 for BH.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
Have you tested the G1 2.0 on your backhand? Never tried the P1, but I've used the C1 for about 8 months now, and I like it for the short game and serving short. Doesn't feel too bouncy on my backhand. I've been working on my loops and drives with the BH and I can get pretty good angles with it.

Have you tested the G1 2.0 on your backhand? Never tried the P1, but I've used the C1 for about 8 months now, and I like it for the short game and serving short. Doesn't feel too bouncy on my backhand. I've been working on my loops and drives with the BH and I can get pretty good angles with it.
I’ve twiddled a few times to try it but didn’t like it felt a bit too stiff for my backhand which is why I took the P1 and thinking about the C1 as they are softer. Yeah C1 sounds like it’s a very good rubber do you like it? Is it spinny?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
I’ve twiddled a few times to try it but didn’t like it felt a bit too stiff for my backhand which is why I took the P1 and thinking about the C1 as they are softer. Yeah C1 sounds like it’s a very good rubber do you like it? Is it spinny?
For my level, I think it's pretty good for the price. I'm getting enough spin and control to where I can focus more on placement. I'm still developing my backhand, but other players have complimented me on the amount of spin I was getting on some of my strokes.

I play about 3-4 times a week, so my first sheet was good for about 4-5 months.

For my level, I think it's pretty good for the price. I'm getting enough spin and control to where I can focus more on placement. I'm still developing my backhand, but other players have complimented me on the amount of spin I was getting on some of my strokes.

I play about 3-4 times a week, so my first sheet was good for about 4-5 months.
That’s good, I’m strongly considering replacing my P1 now because I need that short game control, as well as sometimes I tend to overshoot the table with my backhand. Is C1 more of close to the table or mid distance rubber? I kind of play like Wang Chuqin in which i take a small step back from the table so i have more time to play a power shot. Is C1 good for that style of play on backhand?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
That’s good, I’m strongly considering replacing my P1 now because I need that short game control, as well as sometimes I tend to overshoot the table with my backhand. Is C1 more of close to the table or mid distance rubber? I kind of play like Wang Chuqin in which i take a small step back from the table so i have more time to play a power shot. Is C1 good for that style of play on backhand?
I try to set myself up in the mid-range, just due to how tall I am. Haven't had issues with close or mid-range in general. No issues with taking the shot off the bounce, flicking, or waiting and coming back a little bit to do a fuller stroke. Anything that I mess up on is more my fault with technique.

I try to set myself up in the mid-range, just due to how tall I am. Haven't had issues with close or mid-range in general. No issues with taking the shot off the bounce, flicking, or waiting and coming back a little bit to do a fuller stroke. Anything that I mess up on is more my fault with technique.
I am quite tall myself, so this is good information. I think I will buy both a new sheet of C1 and P1 to try the C1 on my blade first and if I don’t like it, I will switch back to P1

Reactions: OvrChkn