One point deduction for red card

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
What do you think about the deduction of one point for a red card in table tennis? In soccer, one red card might lead to a penalty kick for one goal. I think the one point deduction of red card is too low a punishment in table tennis. We saw all these paddle throwing and worse, and the actors were only deducted one point or got a yellow card. This is basically a joke.

I think deduction of one game for one red card is more proper. What do you think?

Reactions: Ghostzen
What do you think about the deduction of one point for a red card in table tennis? In soccer, one red card might lead to a penalty kick for one goal. I think the one point deduction of red card is too low a punishment in table tennis. We saw all these paddle throwing and worse, and the actors were only deducted one point or got a yellow card. This is basically a joke.

I think deduction of one game for one red card is more proper. What do you think?
That is pretty harsh considering it's only a best of 5 or 7 usually. But to be fair we never see red cards often anyways so this could be a good idea.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

deduction of world ranking points

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
Look into the book of Rules, please. Red card will cost you unexcusable disqualification till the end of competition.

Be happy.