QnA thread Jr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
probably for the top prospects,sounds a bit like Switzerland where they have basic and the also yearly Training or Practises.
But its a good income for AThletes,i know for Example Dirk Nowitzki (Timo Bolls best bud) had only go trough basic camp and then went allin the rest of the year,but make no mistake if you saw that regimen that they go trough,you probably wished you had advanced basic military Training :)

Im not sure how serious the CNT one is, it might just be PR for the PLA.
They have really good PR staff
But yeah, you don't want to break a Ma Long or injury him would you.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

well the chinese players have to perform and are under immense pressure,as do most top athletes.
But consider those who don´t make it,but given they are probably athletic they will be suitable to pursue a military career or something else.

Well the PLA does have a table tennis team. Its known as Bayi team.
Wang Tao, LGL, Wang Hao, FZD for example is part of the team, and that is why they also have ranks.

Wang Tao is a Major General
LGL is Major Col
Wang Hao is Lt Col
FZD is second lieutenant

Wang Tao on the table tennis front is head coach of Bayi

I'm not sure how much army are they in terms of things, but should we have a China PLA ping pong match versus say any other countries national, PLA might still win lol

This user has no status.

Well the PLA does have a table tennis team. Its known as Bayi team.
Wang Tao, LGL, Wang Hao, FZD for example is part of the team, and that is why they also have ranks.

Wang Tao is a Major General
LGL is Major Col
Wang Hao is Lt Col
FZD is second lieutenant

Wang Tao on the table tennis front is head coach of Bayi

I'm not sure how much army are they in terms of things, but should we have a China PLA ping pong match versus say any other countries national, PLA might still win lol

Actually LGL is what we call “senior colonel”

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2022
1. Sorry no
2. we don’t have westerner’s kind of “clubs”
3. No

Nice to see your "affection" for "westerners"
I am new here and asked some simple questions to only sense extreme unwarranted hostility
I have no idea what all this is about
Any way thank you

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I am new here and asked some simple questions to only sense extreme unwarranted hostility
Any way thank you

Oh
China doesn't have "sports clubs" like most places outside Asia.
TT in China is either pro space or amateur space.
Pro space will be sport schools, provincial team, national team. You have professional clubs (professional sport clubs or TT teams) that are linked with provincial teams in one way or another.
Amateur space will be your parks, sport centres, places to play - but it is not club members like Europe, it is just like going to the "local gym" equivalent.

So when you ask, "biggest club", this is very different to Germany where club size is measured by say registered members or results.
In China and many asian countries, "teams" or "clubs" are not a physical location in amateur space.
IE you can have a teams tournament, and you and your mate call your team "Chicago Bulls", have your own team TT match clothes/name/logo printed on, but your club does not physically exist, it is just on paper between the few of you guys and you can register at local team tournament as such. This is as much as "club" goes for most amateurs.

Last edited:
Reactions: PingBirdPong
This user has no status.
Any way thank you
What have I said that shows any hostility?
first question is “no” because I never knew CTTA had a website.
Second question was truthful.( thanks to Tony for the explanation)
third question was “no” because I live in Beijing, and plan to stay here.
what’s wrong?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
what’s wrong?

you must tell him you are a 15 year old kid, that struggles to even loop 3 balls in a row but you are a smarty pants with books 🙈.

any honestly speaking - did you know everything of what I've typed there regarding "clubs".

• Haha
This user has no status.

you must tell him you are a 15 year old kid, that struggles to even loop 3 balls in a row but you are a smarty pants with books 🙈.

any honestly speaking - did you know everything of what I've typed there regarding "clubs".

I CAN loop three balls in a row thank you very much!
Just watch!
One…
Two…
Ow! Ouch! Oooof! [Clunk] F___!
……
And I did know almost everything you said about clubs, I just was too lazy to spend my 15 minutes on the subway to school typing it out.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I CAN loop three balls in a row thank you very much!
Just watch!
One…
Two…
Ow! Ouch! Oooof! [Clunk] F___!
……
And I did know almost everything you said about clubs, I just was too lazy to spend my 15 minutes on the subway to school typing it out.

Did you know there are (speak under correction) around 10 000 TT clubs in Germany
there is 16 provinces, so avg say 625 per province.
Some countries won't even have 60 clubs, yet along 600.

• Wow
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2022
what’s wrong?

My English bad.
I apology any confusion
First askI surprise CTTA no website
Seond ask thnkas for explain.. I ask which clubs amater & whic was pro
Third ask I asked if you visit World Chmpionsip in Chengdu, I did not explain not clear.

Sorry

• Haha
Reactions: Gozo Aruna
This user has no status.

Well that is certainly the case but look at the Players who are inactive,there are way less players in Germany now then back in the 90s or even 2000s
Some just stay with their Club,and are member only on paper cause they played a few matches way back when,but are in other Aspects of the club,and the Sport they play.
The average of Active TT players is around 300k,at least that´s what they statistically say,back then it was almost a million.
I dunno how much active players China has,but i guess way more..
Soccer rules everything here and TT is seen as a Hobby not a "real" sport.
Of course they would win,cause there is a way better innfrastructure for TT in China and therefore Talent that gets the education.
But you can also argue that the chinese Soccer team wouldn´t stand a chance against germany.
Its where the $$ goes ,we all know that.

Last edited: