Question for Tom "The Frog" about Stiga rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Hi Tom,

Hope you're well.

I remember a while ago you saying how much you were enjoying the DNA Pro H rubbers, and that (at the time) you didn't plan to move to the DNA Platinum series as: (1) you liked the DNA Pro rubbers; and (2) changing from an all-wood blade (Stiga Hybrid wood) to a carbon blade (Cybershape Carbon) and changing to faster rubbers at the same time would be too much change too quickly.

As far as I'm aware the DNA Pro series has been discontinued, and I'm curious to hear what your replacement plans are. Will you be sticking with Stiga? If so, which of the Platinum, Mantra Pro, or Hybrid series is going to win your vote?

All the best!
Manto

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Hi Tom,

Hope you're well.

I remember a while ago you saying how much you were enjoying the DNA Pro H rubbers, and that (at the time) you didn't plan to move to the DNA Platinum series as: (1) you liked the DNA Pro rubbers; and (2) changing from an all-wood blade (Stiga Hybrid wood) to a carbon blade (Cybershape Carbon) and changing to faster rubbers at the same time would be too much change too quickly.

As far as I'm aware the DNA Pro series has been discontinued, and I'm curious to hear what your replacement plans are. Will you be sticking with Stiga? If so, which of the Platinum, Mantra Pro, or Hybrid series is going to win your vote?

All the best!
Manto
Look at Toms Instagram from today :)

Hes switched to Hybrid H both sides

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Look at Toms Instagram from today :)

Hes switched to Hybrid H both sides

That's the one I guessed was least likely!

Tom, if you see this, it would be nice to hear whether you tested all three of the newer series, and why you made the decision you did.

I ask as a fan of Stiga rubbers planning to try one of the newer ones shortly, but unsure which to try and unwilling to spend on all three!

Reactions: Tom

Tom

This user has no status.

Tom

This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 7 reviews
Hey Manto! I'm good thanks I hope you are to! Yeah the DNA Pro won't be continuing so a few months back I switched to the DNA hybrid hard and I absolutely love it, it suits my game even more with the really high grip and control. I think it's actually helped me a lot to get back close to my best level recently. So definitely no looking back for me, and they work great with the Cybershape as well :)

Tom

This user has no status.

Tom

This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 7 reviews
That's the one I guessed was least likely!

Tom, if you see this, it would be nice to hear whether you tested all three of the newer series, and why you made the decision you did.

I ask as a fan of Stiga rubbers planning to try one of the newer ones shortly, but unsure which to try and unwilling to spend on all three!
I actually haven't tested the Mantra pro series but did test the DNA platinum a fair bit before the DNA Hybrid came out. For my style the platinum is a bit quick I feel, it's quit direct and fast, so the hybrid which is definitely slower but has more grip and spin suits my kind of all round attacking game I guess you would call it. As for the Matra series basically the reason I didn't try it was because I tested the DNA hybrid and absolutely loved it straight away so settled on that quicky as it felt natural and also again I wanted the extra grip from the hybrid style rubbers. I hope that makes sense and any other questions just give me a shout :)

Tiz

This user has no status.

Tiz

This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Any similarities with the old Genesis 1 or 2?

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
I actually haven't tested the Mantra pro series but did test the DNA platinum a fair bit before the DNA Hybrid came out. For my style the platinum is a bit quick I feel, it's quit direct and fast, so the hybrid which is definitely slower but has more grip and spin suits my kind of all round attacking game I guess you would call it. As for the Matra series basically the reason I didn't try it was because I tested the DNA hybrid and absolutely loved it straight away so settled on that quicky as it felt natural and also again I wanted the extra grip from the hybrid style rubbers. I hope that makes sense and any other questions just give me a shout :)
Hello Tom, I have a question. Do they compare at all to the old Genesis you used to play with, or are they closer to Tenergy/Dignics in terms of feel and performance? You know, with that speed gluey/catapulty feel.

This user has no status.
Then you've got to try the mantra pro, very comfortable Japanese product, great spin, support, and control for its price point, especially when paired with stiga's own blades.
然后你必须尝试 mantra pro,非常舒适的日本产品,出色的旋转、支撑和控制,尤其是与 stiga 自己的刀片搭配使用时。
1704416667861.png

1704416684409.png

Reactions: jammmail