Rakza Z vs Baracuda

says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews
These two rubbers are the ones I like the most. However I am a little confused about which one should I pick.

People who have used both! Which do you think would be better in the long term regarding spin? I'm pretty much sure Baracuda would be faster, thus Rakza Z would be more controlled. But I seem unable to decide between spin. Which one would be spinnier in the long term? Could it be the Baracuda would give spin easier, while the Rakza Z would give even more spin a little harder? Something about durability?

Could you share with me your thoughts about this issue?

Thanks!

says Serve, top, edge. Repeat.
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
I love the Baracuda. It's very popular and one of the very best rubbers donic has ever made. Doesn't have a ton of speed but spin is unmatched even by the likes of tenergy, maybe only hurricane can really compete. Extremely high throw angle, can be used on both sides. One downside is that it is very sensitive to incoming spin and can get hard hard to control. Medium hard sponge, I think around 45 degrees, can't remember.

I haven't played Rakza Z, but I know that it's a hybrid rubber with tacky surface, hard and not that fast. High throw angle, not as much as baracuda or tenergy 05, but higher than hurricane 3. Have heard it reacts pretty good with booster. Hard sponge, around 50 degrees depending on version. Speed should be comparable to baracuda, maybe faster due to the harder sponge.

They are night and day, pick the one that fits your style better.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
Rakza Z is better for spin in rally with shorter strokes, Baracuda gives more spin and creates it easier in the first attack. Long term i'd give spin to Baracuda for most people. If you never step away from the table, Rakza z is better support.
Durability never seems a issue for me as i change my rubbers every season, can't say anything about it.

says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews
I love the Baracuda. It's very popular and one of the very best rubbers donic has ever made. Doesn't have a ton of speed but spin is unmatched even by the likes of tenergy, maybe only hurricane can really compete. Extremely high throw angle, can be used on both sides. One downside is that it is very sensitive to incoming spin and can get hard hard to control. Medium hard sponge, I think around 45 degrees, can't remember.

I haven't played Rakza Z, but I know that it's a hybrid rubber with tacky surface, hard and not that fast. High throw angle, not as much as baracuda or tenergy 05, but higher than hurricane 3. Have heard it reacts pretty good with booster. Hard sponge, around 50 degrees depending on version. Speed should be comparable to baracuda, maybe faster due to the harder sponge.

They are night and day, pick the one that fits your style better.
I see. Yes, I have definitely felt that the Baracuda doesn't like the incoming spin, but after a while I could get used to it. I have a spare blade, I might want to put a Baracuda on it to compare the two simultaneously. Both fits my style pretty much and only the feeling is a little different.
since you like both; Bara for BH; RZ for FH.
This is something I have been thinking of, but would not the Baracuda be a bit too bouncy for the backhand? If I remember right, you were the one somewhere to write that it might slip during backhand topspins or something. Might give it a try later.
Rakza Z is better for spin in rally with shorter strokes, Baracuda gives more spin and creates it easier in the first attack. Long term i'd give spin to Baracuda for most people. If you never step away from the table, Rakza z is better support.
Durability never seems a issue for me as i change my rubbers every season, can't say anything about it.
That's good. So you say Baracuda. Interesting. I will definitely give a testing for both at the same time and will come up with a decision. Despite having played with both, I cannot really decide which one could be better for me, so will have to give it a fair testing.

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
I see. Yes, I have definitely felt that the Baracuda doesn't like the incoming spin, but after a while I could get used to it. I have a spare blade, I might want to put a Baracuda on it to compare the two simultaneously. Both fits my style pretty much and only the feeling is a little different.

This is something I have been thinking of, but would not the Baracuda be a bit too bouncy for the backhand? If I remember right, you were the one somewhere to write that it might slip during backhand topspins or something. Might give it a try later.

That's good. So you say Baracuda. Interesting. I will definitely give a testing for both at the same time and will come up with a decision. Despite having played with both, I cannot really decide which one could be better for me, so will have to give it a fair testing.
Nah. baracuda doesn't slip, it's extremely grippy, 2nd gen fd. It's a monster, can play with short and long strokes, it's almost tacky. You could try baracuda bh and RZ on fh.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
I am sure it was not me who said the slipping thing w.r.t. Baracuda. BH you need bouncy stuff coz you can't hit as hard as FH due to bio-mechanic limitation. Therefore you need some assistance in the form of sponge trampoline effect.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
These two rubbers are the ones I like the most. However I am a little confused about which one should I pick.

People who have used both! Which do you think would be better in the long term regarding spin? I'm pretty much sure Baracuda would be faster, thus Rakza Z would be more controlled. But I seem unable to decide between spin. Which one would be spinnier in the long term? Could it be the Baracuda would give spin easier, while the Rakza Z would give even more spin a little harder? Something about durability?

Could you share with me your thoughts about this issue?

Thanks!

Baracuda is a much softer and older product (2009). But it’s still a great bh rubber.

For fh I will go for R Z for sure

May 2020
Read 1 reviews
Baracuda is a much softer and older product (2009). But it’s still a great bh rubber.

For fh I will go for R Z for sure
It's not soft, baracuda has the hardness of tenergy, they are direct competitors after all... 47.5 in ESN scale. It's the equivalent of 36 of Butterfly scale.

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
It's not soft, baracuda has the hardness of tenergy, they are direct competitors after all... 47.5 in ESN scale. It's the equivalent of 36 of Butterfly scale.
I think Baracuda is not quite as hard as other ESN47.5 rubbers so I am led to believe it is ESN45. It is easier to compress in both shots and pinch test for me vs other gen 4 ESN47.5 rubbers like R7, G1, Aurus, Vega Pro.

Reactions: latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Rakza Z has a clear edge in serve/receive/short game.
When you open up it all depends on your style and level.
In the long run in my opinion Rakza Z is a more dangerous weapon.
Simply because it allows you to take initiative from the start and dictate the game.
And at a club/amateur lever it has enough precision and more than enough spin and speed to win points.
But RZ requires fuller swings and some power. It's a slower rubber, but it requires YOU to be faster.
What's good about RZ - it provokes you to improve your technique.
Barracuda is a fun rubber though.

Reactions: Kolev
May 2020
Read 1 reviews
I think Baracuda is not quite as hard as other ESN47.5 rubbers so I am led to believe it is ESN45. It is easier to compress in both shots and pinch test for me vs other gen 4 ESN47.5 rubbers like R7, G1, Aurus, Vega Pro.
It is the same hardness but with a thin and soft, almost tacky topsheet.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
An year ago I used both. Boosted. My general conclusion is RZ is spinnier, meaning all aspect of spin but it's high throw isn't an advantage for me, considering the fact that I mostly play in a very high ligue usually against much better players than me. They do seem to adore high throw slowish top spins. In that aspect the Barracuda was the more efficient weapon for me, still with more than enough spin, but also faster and with relatively better control

says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews
Thank you for all of your inputs! If you have any more, they are welcome!

Anybody has an idea about how the Baracuda plays in humidity? This is something I could not test. My experience is that the Rakza Z is quite okay in humidity. Is so the Baracuda?

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Thank you for all of your inputs! If you have any more, they are welcome!

Anybody has an idea about how the Baracuda plays in humidity? This is something I could not test. My experience is that the Rakza Z is quite okay in humidity. Is so the Baracuda?
I live in the equatorial rainforest climate and my relative humidity regularly touches 80% or above. Baracuda play just fine.