Recommend Rubbers to Pair with new blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
I have been playing since January 2022. Although I still consider myself a beginner. The nearest club and access to coaches are at least 3 hours away. I do play roughly 10 hours a week but it is relatively recreational as I only regularly play against the same handful of people who are also beginners. Currently I am using an Andro TP ligna ALL with vega euro on both sides. I also have a Yasaka sweden extra with razka 7/razka7 soft combo however I rarely use this as it is also a loaner when I'm playing with friends that don't have their own blade.

As far as technique goes I am backhand dominant, usually playing close to table or at most middle distance, I do a mix of blocking/attacking with backhand and exclusively use my forehand when there is a good opportunity to score a point or I am out of position for a backhand shot. The only forehand stroke I really have is a smash or a loop when further away from table.

I thouroughly enjoy my current setup however I will say the vega euro wore out incredibly quickly. Within a month of play I could see a significant difference in the amount of spin I could generate and the feel of the ball. Within 2 months the rubber was almost completely dead and felt like a completely different rubber compared to new. As far as the backup yasaka setup goes I truly haven't used it enough to form an opinion on it.

Since I started playing I have had my eyes set on a nittaku violin, however I couldn't justify the price in the beginning. I'm finally going to bite the bullet and pick up the blade. The store I am ordering from only carries butterfly,nittaku, victas, and yasaka rubbers. I would like to order the rubbers from the same store as I will get a slight discount and they can assemble the blade for me, something I am still not comfortable doing. I was hoping someone here could help recommend me a rubber from the aformentioned brands to pair with this blade. It would be cool if it was made in japan since the blade is also made it japan but it honestly doesn't matter all that much. Most of all if it was more durable than the xiom vega euro I would be thrilled. As I was not pleased with the performance of the vega euro after it was broken in.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I have been playing since January 2022. Although I still consider myself a beginner. The nearest club and access to coaches are at least 3 hours away. I do play roughly 10 hours a week but it is relatively recreational as I only regularly play against the same handful of people who are also beginners. Currently I am using an Andro TP ligna ALL with vega euro on both sides. I also have a Yasaka sweden extra with razka 7/razka7 soft combo however I rarely use this as it is also a loaner when I'm playing with friends that don't have their own blade.

As far as technique goes I am backhand dominant, usually playing close to table or at most middle distance, I do a mix of blocking/attacking with backhand and exclusively use my forehand when there is a good opportunity to score a point or I am out of position for a backhand shot. The only forehand stroke I really have is a smash or a loop when further away from table.

I thouroughly enjoy my current setup however I will say the vega euro wore out incredibly quickly. Within a month of play I could see a significant difference in the amount of spin I could generate and the feel of the ball. Within 2 months the rubber was almost completely dead and felt like a completely different rubber compared to new. As far as the backup yasaka setup goes I truly haven't used it enough to form an opinion on it.

Since I started playing I have had my eyes set on a nittaku violin, however I couldn't justify the price in the beginning. I'm finally going to bite the bullet and pick up the blade. The store I am ordering from only carries butterfly,nittaku, victas, and yasaka rubbers. I would like to order the rubbers from the same store as I will get a slight discount and they can assemble the blade for me, something I am still not comfortable doing. I was hoping someone here could help recommend me a rubber from the aformentioned brands to pair with this blade. It would be cool if it was made in japan since the blade is also made it japan but it honestly doesn't matter all that much. Most of all if it was more durable than the xiom vega euro I would be thrilled. As I was not pleased with the performance of the vega euro after it was broken in.
Do you mean Xiom Vega Europe? If so, it is a very soft rubber.

You will like Rakza 7 soft (as you have on the other blade). I think people here generally agree that Rakza 7 is a better rubber than Rakza X (slightly better).

Rakza 7/Rakza 7 soft/Rakza X/Rakza X soft are all very very durable. You cannot go wrong with picking one of those choices, but knowing you are playing with Xiom Vega Europe, I would recommend Rakza 7 soft.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
You should get the Yasaka Rakza XX

Isn't that an ultra fast rubber? I'm not sure that I am at a skill level where I can benefit from using a ruber that speed.

Do you mean Xiom Vega Europe? If so, it is a very soft rubber.

You will like Rakza 7 soft (as you have on the other blade). I think people here generally agree that Rakza 7 is a better rubber than Rakza X (slightly better).

Rakza 7/Rakza 7 soft/Rakza X/Rakza X soft are all very very durable. You cannot go wrong with picking one of those choices, but knowing you are playing with Xiom Vega Europe, I would recommend Rakza 7 soft.

Yes I meant xiom vega europe. Isn't rakza 7 an ESN rubber? Meaning it is going to be more or less the same durability as the xiom vega europe?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
In addition to considering the razka 7/soft route, I am also looking at Victas VJ>07 series of rubbers, although its very hard to find any information on them but they are more affordable than the razka7 and made in japan.

I also saw butterfly has a new rubber out called glayzer and glayzer09c. I see some people saying these are slower rubbers and some saying they are fast. Are these too fast for someone that is still a beginner?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
In addition to considering the razka 7/soft route, I am also looking at Victas VJ>07 series of rubbers, although its very hard to find any information on them but they are more affordable than the razka7 and made in japan.

I also saw butterfly has a new rubber out called glayzer and glayzer09c. I see some people saying these are slower rubbers and some saying they are fast. Are these too fast for someone that is still a beginner?
If you feel like you're not that high level yet, I would recommend some Chinese rubber for under $15 that perform very very well and would be more than enough for your skill level.

Reactions: turbozed
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023

Rakza 7 would respond differently than Xiom Vega Europe.

Rakza 7 soft should be a bit faster than Xiom Vega Europe but not too fast.

Rakza 7 soft/Rakza 7/Rakza X soft/Rakza X are ESN rubbers. They are more durable. I would say people say in general, they are more durable than Xiom Vega series.

I have never played with Victas brand. Not even a sheet. So I would not comment on that.

I only comment on equipment I have played before (Rakza 7, Rakza 7 soft, Rakza X, Rakza X soft, Tenergy 05 fx, Tenergy 64 fx, Tenergy 80 fx, Xiom Vega Europe, Xiom Vega X, Rasanter R47, Tibhar K1, Tibhar K2, EL-S, FX-P, MX-S, MX-P, Donic Barracuda, Fastarc G-1, Fastarc C-1).

Another alternative for you is Fastarc C-1 which is very very durable too.

I have not played Chinese rubber on my backhand side, only ESN. I have a shipment of Palio AK-47 and Palio CJ8000 on the way. Once I play with them, then I will make some comments.

For people who have played Tenergy series or Dignics series, I think Glayzer series is slow. For people playing with other rubbers before, maybe the Glayzer series is fast. I don't know. I have not played with Glayzer. I don't like to comment on rubbers I have not personally used.

I think you will like either Rakza 7 soft or Fastarc C-1.

Glazer09C is slow, Glazer is faster and both are really hard. Compared to Rakza 7 soft it’s like playing with a brick…
These are not for beginners.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
If you feel like you're not that high level yet, I would recommend some Chinese rubber for under $15 that perform very very well and would be more than enough for your skill level.

I'll second this. I have two Fextras, for the BH rubber, one has Fastarc C-1, the other has Loki Rxton 1 Plus on it. The Rxton is clearly harder and semi-tacky. And the C-1 is noticeably softer and bouncier. But at my skill level, I play just as good with either. If anything, I play better with Loki Rxton 1 Plus because it's semi-tacky and is good for backhand short pushing.

There's absolutely zero reason why I would spend 2-3x more on the C-1 than Rxton 1 Plus if I had to do it over again. I've played TT for about 10 months now, 5 of those with coaching 2-3x per week.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
The more and more I hear about these affordable chinese rubbers the more I feel tempted to try them. Even if they don't last longer than the vega euro it wouldn't be a big deal to replace them more frequently since they are so much less than everything else. Just need to learn how to glue my rubbers as up until now I always purchase rubbers+blade and have it assembled for me professionally.

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
The more and more I hear about these affordable chinese rubbers the more I feel tempted to try them. Even if they don't last longer than the vega euro it wouldn't be a big deal to replace them more frequently since they are so much less than everything else. Just need to learn how to glue my rubbers as up until now I always purchase rubbers+blade and have it assembled for me professionally.
It is actually fun to rip rubbers off and then put them on a new blade. Once you practice a few times, you will do just fine.

When in doubt, get a couple sheets of Mercury 2, medium hardness. It is like $6.80 a piece (at BEO store) including shipping and tax on Aliexpress. If you mess up a sheet via boosting, gluing or cutting, it is well, $6.80. Who cares at that price point?

If you do like Euro rubber a bit, I do really like Rxton 1 plus which is about $12 a sheet at BEO store on Aliexpress. I have not tried Palio AK47 and Palio CJ8000 yet (they are on the way to my house via Aliexpress) so I cannot say much about them.

Here are a few accessories I would recommend you buying to make it easier. first of all, if you want to play with Chinese rubber, you need a booster. For the scissor, make sure you cut with the convex side.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
If you like what you have and lack something. Change, but don't change too much. :)

If you want to try Chinese rubbers. Check out Yinhe Big Dipper 38deg, LOKI GTX PRO, Sanwei Target 90, DHS Hurricane 8-80 or 729 Dragon F for tacky ones. These have a more softer sponge than ex. DHS Hurricane, 729 Battle II and Sanwei Target National.

Sanwei Gear Hyper, Palio AK47, 729 Focus III Snipe, 729 Presto Max Spin/Speed for untacky, more Euro-feeling ones.

Reactions: TT Lover