Should i boost hurricane 3 neo 39 degree

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
From my experience FTL lasts quite a bit longer than the seamoon
Yeah I've heard people say that...but I never understand it.

In my experience, all my seamoon rubbers stay permanently boosted. I've never had the need to reboost a rubber. Like I literally have rubbers I boosted 2 years ago. When I take it out, it's still bouncy

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I have heard it both ways here on this forum. Do you need to reboost a rubber? Is there any definitive testing done by anyone?
""" Needs""" are a personal thing therefore different from player to player. My testing , using the corner off cuts of the rubbers shows that there is some remaining "curl" of the rubber even after many weeks. I do not however have the machines to do proper bounce tests and even if I could do that it would prove little because after all the boosted rubbers are being hammered by playing with them while my off-cuts are not.
On a different note: If one needs to boost rubbers to gain speed one should simply purchase a different rubber 😁

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Yeah I've heard people say that...but I never understand it.

In my experience, all my seamoon rubbers stay permanently boosted. I've never had the need to reboost a rubber. Like I literally have rubbers I boosted 2 years ago. When I take it out, it's still bouncy
I agree with this too.

I don't see a big difference between Tempo Long and Seamoon. And once boosted, they are all pretty bouncy like for a long long time. Will I reboost here and there? Sure if I have time.

I used to buy Tempo Long and use Tempo Long only from TT11. Now I buy Seamoon only from Aliexpress.

I have even bought Seamon National Yellow. I don't see a big deal with that and don't see why I should pay extra money for that.

In other words, I just use Seamoon (regular) and buy from Aliexpress, and I have no complaint.

I know people boost every 2 weeks because booster wears off. I have ever obsessively done it that well and the rubber plays just fine.

A couple comments:

1) I often reboost when I transfer rubber from one blade to another and the rubber stretches more and fits better.

2) I never ended up overboosting.

3) Some rubbers such as Rakza 7 soft and BlueFire and Xiom Vega would shrink after a while from the initial boost and it would come off the blade. So I would reboost them to expand the sponges again!