Switching to short pips on bh

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
So my friend was in the quarterfinals of a big competition, and his next opponent is a short pips disruptive player who uses short pips on the bh. So my coach bought a brand new sheet of Dr Neubauer Killer (not sure which version j remember it was killer smth) disruptive short pips. I had a play with them and played a few games with it (Stiga Clipper Wood, Fh H3 BS Prov neo 40-41?? btw the pimple's sponge was like 1.5 or 1.3) So while I was playing the matches, my coach watched and said that I played really well with it, because other inverted players who tried it had difficulty playing with such weird, powerless, disruptive pips. Should I switch???

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
So my friend was in the quarterfinals of a big competition, and his next opponent is a short pips disruptive player who uses short pips on the bh. So my coach bought a brand new sheet of Dr Neubauer Killer (not sure which version j remember it was killer smth) disruptive short pips. I had a play with them and played a few games with it (Stiga Clipper Wood, Fh H3 BS Prov neo 40-41?? btw the pimple's sponge was like 1.5 or 1.3) So while I was playing the matches, my coach watched and said that I played really well with it, because other inverted players who tried it had difficulty playing with such weird, powerless, disruptive pips. Should I switch???
It depends. Do you want to have fun or do you want results?

I have a couple blades with long pips, medium pips and short pips on them. I use them very sparingly at the club.

But when I try to fool around, l want to loop or chop block or chop from far away from the table, or lob, I still go back to my regular blade with inverted on both sides.

I did ask my coach once. He said your fundamentals are good so just stick with inverted because your ceiling eventually will be higher. I agree so far.

Reactions: lodro
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
It'll be a fun setup to whip out once in a while, but in my experience you'll eventually run into a lot of situations where having funky low grip pimples might serve as a bigger weakness than a strength. If you really like playing with these pips, I'd just get some for a sub setup to carry with you should the mood hit

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Alright thanks guys. I also consulted my coach yesterday, he said that I am doing very well with my inverted bh, so there is no need to switch, He will tell me to switch when needed. Also I found out that the rubber I was using was Dr Neubauer Killer Pro, so not the normal version. What is the diff between killer pro, killer pro evo, and killer extreme. All seem pretty funky to me. Ofc the original killer and killer soft is pretty straightforward. The killer soft is softer, its in the name.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Alright thanks guys. I also consulted my coach yesterday, he said that I am doing very well with my inverted bh, so there is no need to switch, He will tell me to switch when needed. Also I found out that the rubber I was using was Dr Neubauer Killer Pro, so not the normal version. What is the diff between killer pro, killer pro evo, and killer extreme. All seem pretty funky to me. Ofc the original killer and killer soft is pretty straightforward. The killer soft is softer, its in the name.
I know many people post here make it sound like if you switch one side to long pips or anti, you will end up beating everyone at the club.

The truth is somewhere in the middle. I used to play long pips on the backside of the penhold. It is really not that easy. You have to retrain your muscle memories, etc. Only do it if you really want to switch and you enjoy playing with pips. I am glad your coach said not to switch yet.