Thickness of topsheets?

says TT is easy: just place the ball on the table 1 time more...
Nov 2022
Then why isn't the thickness of the topsheet advertised and promoted as much as the thickness of the sponge? In fact, i can't really find that many rubbers that specify this anywhere.
Don't really know. Maybe if manufacturers made different topsheets on the same sponge they would have to get the LARC which costs money. So they just offer a lot of sponge variations

Reactions: PaddyPolar
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
Then why isn't

Because some believe that obfuscation and inclarity will guarantee at least some money. Maybe it indeed does lead to some spread...

Imo, it should be in the rules of table tennis. The rubber is allowed, if and only if the producer clearly states:

- sponge hardness
- sponge density
- topsheet thickness
- pimple structure:
- pimple height
- pimple diameter
- pimple distance/pattern

So far they state only sponge thickness, wow. Should we ask Brussels to enforce some rules about consumer protection? Oh, okay, I forgot, I retract all I said and keep silent.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Don't really know. Maybe if manufacturers made different topsheets on the same sponge they would have to get the LARC which costs money. So they just offer a lot of sponge variations
BUT THEY DO !!!!
I have Rubbers with the same LARC number and they do not only have a different quality and color of the sponge, the top rubber is completely different too. Naturally these play completely different to their counterparts with the identical number.

• Wow
Reactions: PaddyPolar
Nov 2022
BUT THEY DO !!!!
I have Rubbers with the same LARC number and they do not only have a different quality and color of the sponge, the top rubber is completely different too. Naturally these play completely different to their counterparts with the identical number.
Chinese manufacturers try to save money by making "new" versions of the "old" rubbers with the same LARC number. Like rxton5

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Does the thickness of the topsheet affect the rubber as much as the thickness of the sponge? If not, then how does the thickness of the topsheet affect gameplay?
thin topsheet max sponge thickness = ultimate bounciness = max power = max speed = easily achieve Mach 2.5. Hurrah! 😍❤️❤️❤️
IMG_6730.gif
IMG_6732.gif