Tibhar Aurus soft

mat

This user has no status.

mat

This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Hello, can you tell me your opinion about Aurus soft? I am very interested.

How is it in push, receive services, spin, loop,...? Any similar rubber?

Currently I use Andro Hexer grip SFX on bh and maybe bit to fast.

I like softer rubber on BH with control.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
I think @Der_Echte is the one who can provide more on this, as he really likes it and if I'm not mistaken still playing on Donic PerssonPowerPlay. I owned it sometime ago but was in fully-hiper-turbo EJ mode and not tested well on all-wood blade, cuz Joola HRD/ZQH-90 approching and was excited to switch to Chinese rubbers which at this moment I think I'm a fan of :p :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
Hello, can you tell me your opinion about Aurus soft? I am very interested.

How is it in push, receive services, spin, loop,...? Any similar rubber?

Currently I use Andro Hexer grip SFX on bh and maybe bit to fast.

I like softer rubber on BH with control.
I would classify Aurus soft as a all+ rubber, i used this for 2 years or so.

Speed is semi slow, combine that with the soft sponge makes it quite pleasant the play with. The rubber feels a bit empty, it really doesn't feel as alive as acuda or other similar rubbers.

The first openup has a medium high arc that easily gives a decent amount of spin, something you don't get with harder rubbers. You don't have to work at all to get spin.
Top end spin isn't a lot, like 70% of tenergy 05.

In rally i never felt this rubber lacked anything, you soak up pressure and give a decent amount of spin. Especially if you loop 1 meter behind the table.

Serve and receive is pretty good, the topsheet bites nicely into the ball. It really is a very easy to use rubber. Flicks don't really miss, but don't put as much pressure on the opponent.

Blocks and flat hits are great, you can put a decent amount of force into the rubber without making unforced errors. It has a nice tolerance rate. Natural arc on all wood blades

Durability 2020 aurus sheets are pretty great, i can confidently say they work still fine even after 600+ hours usetime 3+ years dusting in the drawer. Something STIGA DNA would never.

Ratings
Speed (7.5)
Spin: (8)
Control: (9) Subjective
Durability: (Diamond/10)

Overall:
I wouldn't say this is a pro rubber, more like amateur to even advanced. It is all about putting the ball onto the table, which this rubber does very well. It is very pleasant to play with this rubber, which is why a lot of people i know like this rubber.

I used this on my old Donic persson power play and Infinty VPS, both were good.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Aurus and Aurus soft seem to last and play/perform FOREVER. I get rid of them after 300 hours, but they can certainly go 600 hrs.

Aurus Soft is a 42 degree +/- feeling sponged control oriented offensive rubber that makes it easy to do just about every shot... which means it has CONTROL.

You can certainly spin the crap outta it, can also hit hard too.

This kind of rubber allows you to hit harder and still land it... which is great for those who want to give the power and add to it, instead of the rubber itself being easy to make pace.

It is a very inexpensive rubber worth a try for anyone from beginners to even advanced players.

There is a 2300 USATT level player here who loved this rubber on my modified PPP.

Reactions: Topspinslinger

mat

This user has no status.

mat

This user has no status.
Apr 2019
I would classify Aurus soft as a all+ rubber, i used this for 2 years or so.

Speed is semi slow, combine that with the soft sponge makes it quite pleasant the play with. The rubber feels a bit empty, it really doesn't feel as alive as acuda or other similar rubbers.

The first openup has a medium high arc that easily gives a decent amount of spin, something you don't get with harder rubbers. You don't have to work at all to get spin.
Top end spin isn't a lot, like 70% of tenergy 05.

In rally i never felt this rubber lacked anything, you soak up pressure and give a decent amount of spin. Especially if you loop 1 meter behind the table.

Serve and receive is pretty good, the topsheet bites nicely into the ball. It really is a very easy to use rubber. Flicks don't really miss, but don't put as much pressure on the opponent.

Blocks and flat hits are great, you can put a decent amount of force into the rubber without making unforced errors. It has a nice tolerance rate. Natural arc on all wood blades

Durability 2020 aurus sheets are pretty great, i can confidently say they work still fine even after 600+ hours usetime 3+ years dusting in the drawer. Something STIGA DNA would never.

Ratings
Speed (7.5)
Spin: (8)
Control: (9) Subjective
Durability: (Diamond/10)

Overall:
I wouldn't say this is a pro rubber, more like amateur to even advanced. It is all about putting the ball onto the table, which this rubber does very well. It is very pleasant to play with this rubber, which is why a lot of people i know like this rubber.

I used this on my old Donic persson power play and Infinty VPS, both were good.
Thanks a lot for reply.

Reactions: Topspinslinger