Understanding what I like about a blade

This user has no status.
Hello!

I'm an intermediate player (6years of experience), and it's been 2 years that I play with the same setup (as a 2 wings looper / allround player) :
- Blade: GEWO Zoom Balance All+
- FH: Fastarc G1 2.0mm
- BH: Fastarc C1 2.0mm

I've come to a point where I feel very confident with this setup, and I'd like to go with something faster.
The issue is that there is barely any info online about my blade, so I cannot just "get the same thing but faster".
So I "bit the bullet" and bought a Yasaka Sweden Extra, just to get a frame of reference. After playing 3 hours with it, my conclusion is:
- the YSE "feels mushy" and is harder to control on drives / blocks,
- people tell me that my balls are significantly slower with the YSE,
- forehand loops (with the Fastarc G1) do not feel easier, and I'm missing the crisp "click" that I've got with the GEWO blade,
- the only advantage of the YSE seems to be on my backand loops, which feel safer and easier (with the Fastarc C1).

So here are my questions:
- given what I've tried to explain above, which characteristics should I look for in a blade (composition, stiffness, hardness...)?
- are the any other questions that I should ask myself?

Thank your in advance for your answers :).

edit: added rubbers thickness

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Yasaka Sweden Extra not a good choice for 40mm+ ABS,my suggestion is select STIGA Clipper wood,its structure comprises 7 veneers and it doesn’t come with carbon。
1702718892087.png

Reactions: corgimasta
This user has no status.
Yasaka Sweden Extra not a good choice for 40mm+ ABS,my suggestion is select STIGA Clipper wood,its structure comprises 7 veneers and it doesn’t come with carbon。
View attachment 27778
Thanks for your answer! Why is the YSE not good for the 40mm+ ABS? What makes the STIGA Clipper wood better (considering my preferences)? I'm trying to understand blade properties :).