What does your Match day preparation look like?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
I wonder how you prepare on a game day, if you do!
What do you pay attention to, what are your priorities?
For me, some of the key aspects are:
Nutrition,
mental preparation for the game, sometimes even visualization,
Whether to train beforehand or not,
Supplements,
When do you start thinking about it and taking it more seriously,
What about warm-up, stretching, specific drills?
Is there something that gets you in the zone?
Music, podcasts, silence, joking around?

I am genuinely curious!

For me one thing is eating a Pizza around 60-90 minutes before leave the house, if the conditions allow me to.
Or sometimes playing chess to get my mind activated!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
Deciding not to do that last double shot the night before....

Checking how close the field I wake up in is from the venue... Oh and bat... Bat is handy... There was one time I arrived without it... But that's a different story...

On all seriousness there's definitely things that make the day start on the right track.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
So i mostly just play local club league in terms of "match day". It's usually on a tuesday or sunday. Not much I can do to prepare except to try and be as hydrated as possible and get as much sleep. Plus also get to the club as early as possible and try to have the best possible warm up.

However, when it's a big tournament, I am able to prepare a little more. I try to practice as much as possible leading up to the tournament (hopefully 3-4 times in the week leading up to the tournament). I make sure i'm well rested and hydrated. Review and important youtube videos and visualize strategy. At the tournament, I make sure to rest as much as i can, stretch, and eat snacks at the right time. Last tournament I played in, I played 18 matches in one day. Probably too much but I survived. 13-5 on the day too!

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
IMG_6958.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: ben1229