What thickness should a Victas TDE be to boost it?

Hi, I just want to ask what thickness should a Victas Triple Double Extra be, 2.0 or MAX, because I want to use sea moon regular booster on it, but is it worth it?
And if the use of booster is worth the money, is Max thickness going to be super thick? I never used chinese tacky rubbers but I'm used to more spinny hibrid rubbers for FH like rakza Z and DNA Dragon Grip, so (as I just chipped my basically new DNA dragon grip on the table😐) I was looking forward to try chinese rubbers but Idk if I have the technic to use all my power to deal with this kind of rubbers, so i think boosting it would be easier for me to adapt because of the extra speed and higher arc.
Thanks for the help!

Cheers
Diogo

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
ШИЛО В ШТАНАХ НЕ УТАИШЬ...

Бустер это типа баловство для малых детишек, которые играют турниры без судьи. Если судья грамотный, он запросто узнает незаконную ракету которую раздуло от керосиновых примочек. Тебе нужен такой геморрой?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
The thickness doesn't matter. You can boost 2.0 or max rubber.

However, I have found that TDE bubbles very easily after boosting. I attempted to boost 4 TDE rubbers, and 3 of them bubbled within a week.

The 1 remaining sheet didn't bubble, but I used it exclusively on the BH side, so I didn't put anywhere near the same force on it.

Reactions: Didisan_TT
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Hi, I just want to ask what thickness should a Victas Triple Double Extra be, 2.0 or MAX, because I want to use sea moon regular booster on it, but is it worth it?
And if the use of booster is worth the money, is Max thickness going to be super thick? I never used chinese tacky rubbers but I'm used to more spinny hibrid rubbers for FH like rakza Z and DNA Dragon Grip, so (as I just chipped my basically new DNA dragon grip on the table😐) I was looking forward to try chinese rubbers but Idk if I have the technic to use all my power to deal with this kind of rubbers, so i think boosting it would be easier for me to adapt because of the extra speed and higher arc.
Thanks for the help!

Cheers
Diogo

I've played through two sheets of TDE. Always use Max thickness.

The sponge reacts really well with Seamoon. 2mm has way too little capacity for absorbing the Seamoon oil. Max thickness give you more room for boosting.

If you are new to Chinese tacky rubber, TDE is a great choice. At a lower price point I would also recommend Sanwei Target National - less max power but very high consistency.

Reactions: Didisan_TT
Thanks for the support!
I've been playing with TDE for a while and it was a very great choice. I used to have problems with glueing because my first TDE got some glue on the topsheet due to it being boosted... I eventually got a new TDE, but had to boost it with 4 layers ( the rubber didn't want to absorb the booster), but I felt that it was a trully masterpiece. At first I used to do really hard flat hits ( even got the nickname of "chapada man"-"Flat hitting guy"😅), but now i'm known for doing some killer serves and fast loops. Overall it's a really nice rubber, but i have problems (even with other rubbers) with tackiness... Even on the first day, it didn't grab the ball for more than 2/3 seconds. Recently my coach has been saying that maybe I shouldn't play with chinese rubbers (I'm only 13yo, but very strong and tall) and i've also been wanting to try out more rubbers so I was thinking about creating other post (as this one is probably almost dead due to the delay of my feedback). Well, please wish me luck for the tournament that's gonna happen soon here in Portugal and "Stay Hard!!!".
Thanks for all the support!

Cheers
Diogo