Why is there an overhang of rubber on Ma Long’s personal blade at WTT Star Contender Budapest 2022?

This user has no status.
is it precaution to shrinkage but wouldn’t that influence his training? Obviously, the rubbers are boosted to the space
IMG_3968.png

Attachments

• IMG_3969.png
    IMG_3969.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 118
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
is it precaution to shrinkage but wouldn’t that influence his training? Obviously, the rubbers are boosted to the space
View attachment 28889
Boosted rubbers expand . The black one especially might have been on another blade first , taken off, boosted and now on thenew blade needs still trimming.
HOWEVER: I do not believe this is MaLongs blade.

This user has no status.
Boosted rubbers expand . The black one especially might have been on another blade first , taken off, boosted and now on thenew blade needs still trimming.
HOWEVER: I do not believe this is MaLongs blade.
I’m pretty sure it’s his. His still using that equipment and he wears the same shoes and shorts. I don’t think anybody on the national team wears his style of shoes. It also says something about olympics

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I’m pretty sure it’s his. His still using that equipment and he wears the same shoes and shorts. I don’t think anybody on the national team wears his style of shoes. It also says something about olympics
it is the darkish blue part of the handle that gives it away, just above the hand itself and visible on the side with the red rubber.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I think that’s just shadow or sweat, probably shadow. Why would they lie specifically about his bat when they showed about 18 outer players’ bats
always going to have doubters

influencing training - it all depends how much and where the overhang is.
too much would cause a shift in weight.
with it being so near the handle, I doubt there is a problem
probably more laziness for not trimming further than anything

This user has no status.
You’re saying that despite all the other blades were real they faked this one and found a guy wearing the exact same shorts and shoes that Ma Long does and he happened to have the exact same equipment with plenty of usage of booster? Yes that dark area could be shadow since it sort of follows the creases of his hand and can also be sweat or simply water since the blades itself is only lightly coloured so anything slightly darker will be noticeable on it.